PDA

View Full Version : PRI Internship Program - Can anyone give me info on this?

FlyCurious
28th Jun 2007, 14:46
Hey, I'm looking for anyone who has information about the pilot internship program at PRI...

They've got the info here (www.priacademy.com/internship.html). It sounds great and all, but I don't want to take the company's word for it... I'd like to actually hear from someone who has gone through the program.

I just want to make sure it's a worthwhile option. Any info from anyone who's done the internship would be great. Thanks

FlyCurious
18th Jul 2007, 18:42
Thanks for the info Ricky1,

I've heard varying opinions in regards to Pilot Recruitment International, and their training programs. The problem was that all these opinions (good or bad) were just assumptions from people who had never had any dealings with PRI.

So, it's nice to hear from someone who is actually going through the program. Your info will definitely help in my decision making.

Thanks again

dipablemikado
19th Jul 2007, 13:01
http://www.infovisual.info/01/img_en/003%20Structure%20of%20a%20plant.jpg

r2_unit
19th Jul 2007, 15:34
dipablemikado,

Err... nice first post mate! :ok:

I think that really gets to the root of the thread!

Anyone else?

Alann
19th Jul 2007, 19:32
Hi!

First of all, thanks dipablemikado for your post, that helps!!

Ricky, I've got a question regarding the enrollment process. I completed the aptitude test yesterday and made 83.3% :}. Therefore I've been able to complete my application form.

After these two first steps, how long did it take for you to get your phone interview? How did you prepare yourself for that?

And after this interview how much time did it take until you landed in Ontario?

The scheme really interests me as the school seems to provide an high quality program. Can you tell us how a day looks like in the flight school?

Thanks.

James236
7th Aug 2007, 01:44
Hi Alann,

Did you organise an interview in the end? If so, how did it go? Did anything come of it? As in are you going to be enrolling at PRI? I saw an ad for PRI's Airplane Internship Program in the Irish Mail yesterday(see below) and I'm very interested in it.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6306/pripicsh1.jpg

Alann
7th Aug 2007, 05:27
Hi James!
I've actually been through the selection, computer distance tests and then the interview and PRI accepted me in the program!!

The online tests are of different kind, you first have a test designed to quantify your understanding of english; you've got an article and then a few multiple choice questions on it. Then you've got numerical questions, and psychotechnical questions. it takes around 30 minutes to complete and aren't very hard if you keep concentrated.

Then, I've been called from Dublin a few days later and got onterviewed. It was very short, he mainly explained me the program and i asked a few questions, and he also asked me about my motivations. He told me at the end of the conversation that i was in and that I wouldn't have to meet him personnaly. And I received a few days later a letter stating that I was accepted in the program!

This is how the selection is done. I don't know yet if I will actually get in the program. I'm questionning myself on the program and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. I'm also arranging financing which appears hard because the school isn't in Europe. And also I have the CTC cadet selection soon!!

Have you also other flight schools that could interest you James?

Alann

Dreamshiner
7th Aug 2007, 06:55
Surprised how their "intensive" course gets you all your licences in a year. I achieved everything up to CPL/ME/IR in 8 months and it would have been in half the time if I didn't piss about going on jolly's, that was having weekends off too, waiting for examiners and weather delays (granted Southern California so not really many). Essentially what I'm saying is 0 to hero you are looking at 4 months tops if you treat it like a 9-5 job with an hour or two study every other evening.

I reckon its achievable (based on weather) to get the following and these are liberal values:

PPL - 4 weeks
50 Hours PIC x/c - 1.5 weeks
IR - 2 weeks sim, 1.5 weeks aircraft
PPL/ME add on - 1 week
CPL/ME - 2 weeks

The only thing I would say is based on where they farm out their interns to the regional airlines, there may be issues for foreign pilots with visas and alike.

Remember a lot can happen in 2 years in aviation, also I'd personally try to negotiate paying in installments i.e 5k upfront, 5k upon completion of PPL etc. They have no reason not to accept this and it keeps you safeguarded.

Also check the hourly rate for your second year, it may take you all of it to pay back your instructor rating if its only $10 an hour for example, then what do you live on?

Finally, be aware that if you want to come back to Europe even as a low houred pilot you'd be looking at converting your licences to JAA ones. That involves the 14 ATPL exams which will take up a lot of your time in year 2 (quite a lot of evenings) to ensure a smooth transition at the end of your regional stint.

Be aware that the Beech 1900 is the largest aircraft not recognised by most European Airlines so check to see they types past students have ended up on.

There's no excuse for not doing your homework, that way you can't complain if things don't live up to your expectations, as you should have already set them. Also you don't have many go's at your intial training, its a costly business and you need to make sure you are taught good habits in a stable environment from the start.

kpd
27th Dec 2007, 21:32
advertising in ireland again-any recent experience of this course??

kpd
30th Dec 2007, 15:40
Thanks for update on your pri website. Just seems that this organisation gets much less press on this forum than others or perhaps it is because it is so hard to find on search!!

Ste88
1st Jan 2008, 16:49
Hello!
I have read those 3ed...I come from Italy and I would start my pilot career out of my country for the languages. IŽm looking for it and I see this PRI and Skymates(I think is it the best for the price cheap.taxas), but I have a question about price. On the site I have read a cost like 65000Euro for the training but I dont know if there is JAA or not. If it is not, the cost would be more expensive, isnŽit?

Question n°2:Are the accomodation with the food garanteed for both years?

Thanks