PDA

View Full Version : easyJet A319 & Headsets

C172Navigator
28th Jun 2007, 09:13
I'm starting with easyJet on the A319 next month and have a question on headsets.
I'm not sure if each aircraft has company installed headsets or if pilots are issued with a set from the company?
If headsets are shared (as in my current company) I'll be buying my own - what type / make do people buy?
Thanks.

kite
28th Jun 2007, 14:08
I have recently bought the Telex Airman 850 with the Airbus plug.

Lightweight and very comfortable. The ANR works well to reduce a lot of the unpleasant background noise. However, it does not filter out all noise completely which is actually quite useful and desirable.

With some ANR headsets the volume can still be too loud even with the Airbus RMP volume setting at it's lowest. With the Telex there is a high and low volume setting, and with it set on low it gives me a volume lower than I need so the full range is available.

Another massive bonus with this headset is that it needs no battery pack, instead it uses some clever trick of getting enough power from one of the pins in the Airbus headset socket.

About £350 in UK but if you know someone going to the States then about $410 from Marv Golden, a bargain with the current exchange rate.

If possible I recommend you try out some of your colleagues headsets first.

kite
28th Jun 2007, 18:09
Just ought to add that easyJet have headsets provisioned on their Airbuses so you don't need to buy one. They're Sennheisser but not ANR.

sarah737
28th Jun 2007, 18:19
If my info is correct they fly headset off in cruise...

744FO
29th Jun 2007, 21:03
Yep It's headset off in cruise.

Brasher
8th Jul 2007, 08:43
Yep It's headset off in cruise.

Quite often now I'm flying with captains who are asking that we keep headsets on in the cruise as they have ANR headsets so I'm buying some Telex ANR850's as I hate wearing shared headsets.

Jinkster
8th Jul 2007, 20:18
My airline (737-8) operator uses the cheap telex headsets - rubbish to be honest. I'm looking for some Sennheiser ANR's - anyone going to the states soon ;) ?