PDA

View Full Version : Bush pilots

vheijens
5th Dec 2001, 02:45
I graduated just a few months ago. I've got a frozen ATPL (CPL/ME(i)) with only a 170h. I've flew a Beech Baron, a Beech Bonanza and a Piper Cherrokee.
And I'm searching for a job in more remote parts of the world.

If somebody know how to get a flying job Afric, please let me know.

White Knight
6th Dec 2001, 16:31
Only way is to go there and knock on doors...If you expect to get something in reply to a CV it'll only be a "Thanks but no." answer.
You've got to show that you're really interested in going there. By BEING there.

It worked for me and a couple of my friends, I flew in Zimbabwe for 4 years (all good multi engine time) and my pals were in Kenya.

Good luck. If you get a job flying in Africe you'll look back on it as one of the best parts of your flying career....

Gooneybird
7th Dec 2001, 04:47
White Knight, I'm off to Africa myself in month to put my face about.
Can you give me any ideas on which doors to knock on. I've got non flying contacts in Zimbabwe so I'd love to hear more about that.
Cheers.
P.S. Top fly, send me your e-mail address and let you know how I get on when I'm there and maybe catch up for beers a natter.

gurnzee
7th Dec 2001, 14:49
G
in Zim try United Air Services at Charles Prince airport, say you know me and white knight! There are a couple of flying clubs where you may be able to instruct but getting the licence is going to be your biggest problem unless you have several months leeway and can haggle with govt officials. Flying there is a different way of life and you will learn very quickly, not only the a/c limits but your own too.
p.s. don't mention the words 'ops manual', no-one will know what you mean!!! :)

vheijens
10th Dec 2001, 03:50
The mail is on its way.

Thx guys. Hope to fly with ya.