PDA

View Full Version : BT Voyager 2110

Wodrick
27th Jun 2007, 13:33
I am trying to set up a wireless Broadband connection in Spain. My line has been enabled. I cannot get the provided router to work wirelessly, although it works as advertised when hard wired. Problem is a rather cumbersome setup routine, that neither I nor my fairly fluent pal understand. For this visit I decided to bring the spare router that I had lying round and set the thing up in the mother tongue. I forgot one tiny detail, naturally.
Can anyone tell me the default User name and Password for the Voyager 2110 PLEASE.

Devlin Carnet
27th Jun 2007, 14:56
http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/voyager2110_setup_guide.pdf

Looks like its "admin" for both.

eticket
27th Jun 2007, 19:43
To complement Devilin Carnet's advice. On my 2110 there are the following few codes and setups involved:

WEP Security Key: This is located on a sticker attached underneath the 2110 base unit.

When you first connect to broadband you have to start your internet browser and type into the address box: voyager.home (or 192.168.1.1)

The BT Voyager 2110 Configuration Manager screen will open.

You need to then enter the Broadband account User Name and Password that have been supplied by your Broadband ISP ADSL service provider. (This is nothing to do with the 2110 itself. Is this what you are missing?)

Then click connect and it should work.

If you have to get into the advanced settings of the Configuration Manager then you click on the word advanced on the left hand side of the configuration screen and then if prompted for access security details you enter:

User Name admin
Password admin

(This is the only instance of needing a username or password for the 2110 or it's setup/management that I know of.)

If it is working perfectly via the wired connection is it possible that the wireless end is not set up properly? eg the laptop or the computer with the wireless adapter on.

Good luck.

ps Is the wireless light on the front of the 2110 blinking or off. If it is off then it might be worth looking under the advanced section of the configuration manager screen as there is an option to enable/disable the wireless feature.

pps if you want to reset your 2110 back to factory default settings just to clear out any electrical cobwebs etc.

Turn on the 2110

locate the reset pin hole at the back of the 2110

insert a paper clip to press the button inside

keep the button pressed for 5 seconds until the power light switches on. The 2110 will reboot.

Restart the computer.

Wodrick
28th Jun 2007, 09:18
Thanks for all commets, now working perfectly. The user/pass supplied by Telefonica wolud not work with the BT router, but once I had access it only took about five minutes to set up the variables and away it goes. Wonderful, beloved can't abide the trailing wires ! now I can sit at the table and use the lappy. Thanks again