PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian DCA

hitmanishere
27th Jun 2007, 10:15
Good day everyone,

Can anyone please validate the statement that "the malaysian DCA is going to stop following the UKCAA system and change to the JAA system"??

And if so when can we expect this become effective from?

Thanx in Advance

Garfs
27th Jun 2007, 12:07
I dont understand your statement as I thought the UK CAA followed the JAA system anyway?

kwaiyai
27th Jun 2007, 16:25
The DCAM follow the pre JAR FCL system from the UK, in otherwords before the UK Harmonised into JAR FCL. MFA for example effectively followed (still do I guess) the UK CAP 509 style syllabus which includes the old UK CPL and ATPL Navs and Techs. This is not the same as the new JAA exams and Training syllabus as laid down in JAR OPS Manuals. If DCAM want to follow into JAA I would have thought they will have to apply to become a JAA Member state. I could use Asian Frogs input on this one though,
Its all on the JAA website. there is no UK JAA its a JAA Licence issued in the JAA state of UK. JAA ATPL's were a problem to convert in Malaysia before now I dont know. My UK National ATPL was a 1 to 1 conversion due to sitting the same exams as MFA did or still do.
Regards,

hitmanishere
28th Jun 2007, 14:59
Thanks 4 ur feedback sir.. But actually what i would like to know is since the CAAS[singapore) has stopped following the UK CAP509 syllabus effective from this year and shifted to the JAA training syllabus, there are rumours that the DCA will also stop following the UK CAP509 and change to the JAA training syllabus..

I would like to know if these rumours are true and if true when can they come into effectiveness...