PDA

View Full Version : Easynote's got No Notes.

Cypherus
24th Jun 2007, 21:37
Here’s one for the worldly with Notebook types.

Packard-Bell Easynote R1004, owner brought it in complaining of lost sound, did the usual checks and sure enough nothing, obtained the latest drivers ex-P/B website for the Realtek ALC655 AC-97 audio controller, and just for good measure the latest chipset drivers and installed both, all’s well, but still no sound, in fact no sound device detected at all.

Drivers show up and the device shows up in the Device manager reportedly working just fine but does not show up in the sounds ect only as ‘No device detected’, my thoughts are that it’s fried but maybe I’m missing something along the way as you do after hours of working on the thing.

Parapunter
24th Jun 2007, 21:52
Not on Vista by any chance is it?...

Cypherus
25th Jun 2007, 19:33
Nope, Xp home OEM, things still pigging me off, :sad:

Parapunter
26th Jun 2007, 11:03
I had same with ac97 sound on a vista desktop - in the end I dumped a soundcard on it - one way to crack the problem, but I guess you don't have the option in a lappy. If it shows up in dev mgr but not in sounds speech & audio devices then I guess it's either dead or possibly bad drivers/software.

I would maybe uninstall it again, clean the registry & then download the latest drivers/apps from the Realtek site - I've known bad drivers from vendors before. One final possibility id if it shows up ok in dev mgr, it may have become physically disconnected from the mobo through thermal shock or having been droppped. Perhaps opening up the case and looking will help?

Cypherus
29th Jun 2007, 20:47
You got it in one Para, after a good nights sleep, I dug the old drivers out, cleaned down the reg and reloaded the original OEM drivers but still nothing, few minutes poking around inside it though revealed the problem and a quick press solved it, thing chirps away nicely now and one very happy owner is back in touch with his sounds, even if they are rather dated. Thanks all.

Parapunter
30th Jun 2007, 05:47
Another case cracked!:}