PDA

View Full Version : Air Turks and Caicos accident report.

MungoP
24th Jun 2007, 13:12
Air Turks and Caicos.
Does anyone out there know if a report came out on the fatal accident to the B200... and while on the subject... have conditions improved at Air T&C over the past year or so ?

flyinggromit
24th Jun 2007, 18:37
who was flying the king air?

nano404
24th Jun 2007, 19:50
Donnie Gardiner flying.

There is a preliminary report, made mid-March but I don't think it has been fully released, still investigating, CVR is in the states, engines up there too.

I don't think I'm authorized to release any info from the report. Though i just noticed this Extracts can be published without specific permission providing that the source is duly acknowledged.

So what are you interested in now?

MungoP
25th Jun 2007, 00:30
nano404
So what are you interested in now?

Thanks Nano... Interested because I fly the 200 and secondly because I was thinking of joining Air TC... They seem to be paying hour builder rates and the threads I've been reading after searching the Pprune history don't give one a lot of confidence but things can change and an update on current management and conditions is always welcome...

nano404
25th Jun 2007, 02:31
Witnesses on the ground reported that the aircraft appeared to start a turn to the right at what would be a normal position for an aircraft routing to Grand Turk, but that the aircraft continued to roll right until it reached an angle of bank estimated to be between 45 and 80 degrees from level.

Maybe a slight loss of control, he was able to level it before impact, minimizing damage, saving the pax lives, though he perished :sad:, but the fact that he was able to control it during descent means that he had control of it, to me, not trying to make any conclusions, I'll keep an open mind but I'm just saying.

Freo
26th Jun 2007, 21:50
I don't believe that the KingAir crash report will be out any time soon, as the accident report for an Aztec that crashed in the Turks & Caicos Islands well over a year ago has only just been released by the AAIB.

nano404
27th Jun 2007, 03:33
I don't believe that the KingAir crash report will be out any time soon, as the accident report for an Aztec that crashed in the Turks & Caicos Islands well over a year ago has only just been released by the AAIB.

You can't say that, in this accident you have a CVR, more ground witnesses and also all passengers alive to help with investigation. Also, the investigators sent work at a faster pace than those of the N444DA (Aztec) crash on boxing day '05. It may not be out soon but I'm going to go ahead and guess that it will be done before the year is out, who knows, maybe earlier.

Freo
12th Jul 2007, 04:09
Why can't I say what I said? :confused: Just an observation...

french_fry
12th Jul 2007, 14:38
Hey MungoP I had an offer a while back and if not mistaken, 2500$ for a King Air Capt (what does an F/O make??), Pay half your own work permit, Pay your own housing, pay your own license, not paid during training, cost of living is very expensive, and if you live on Grand Turk you need a car, oh yes and the best of all you can pay air fair to go there!!!!
I would stay clear of that company big time, no offence to those working there but I find it’s a raw deal, especially given the current situation in aeronautics!!
Come and work with me, its much more fun and better pay!!!

Cheers mate

MungoP
12th Jul 2007, 18:16
Thanks for that...e-mailing U