PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Bonus Day -- Taildraggers & Robins -- 14th July 2007

alphaalpha
24th Jun 2007, 08:04
Duxford Bonus Day -- Taildraggers & All Robins -- 14 July 2007

The next event is for all taildraggers and all Robins (where-ever the wheel is). Arrive in a taildragger or a Robin and enjoy the discounts and benefits below.

Duxford is home the Imperial War Museum and must be the premier destination for GA pilots in Europe. Most weekends through the flying season, although there are no guarantees, you are quite likely to see warbirds flying -- Spitfire, Hurricane, B17, Catalina and other rare types are based at Duxford.

The Bonus days offer substantially discounted prices: qualifying types of aircraft (or pilots) will enjoy half-price landing fees and much reduced museum admission. A single or a twin can land for £7; museum entry is £7 for most adults and children come in free. In the case of the November and December Bonus days, all aircraft will qualify.

The 2007 programme gets better. On Bonus days only, the Briefing Room and balcony on the first floor of the historic Control Tower is freely available for Bonus pilots and their passengers and on most Bonus days, we will organise a short guided tour of some part of the museum, probably starting at 12.30 (local). The £20+ million ‘AirSpace’ project is due to fully open on 11th July – really a ‘must-see.’

Further information about the Bonus Days and information for fly-in visitors can be found on the web site http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/

The airfield team will be delighted to hear from forumites (call for PPR and briefing 01223 833376) and to see you on the day.

Future bonus days are:
Aug 11th Piper Bonus Day – any Piper Single
Sept 1st Surprise Bonus Day (watch the press)
Oct 27th Halloween Bonus (any aircraft – wear costume)
Dec 15th Christmas Dinner Bonus Day

Just for people who don’t know, I should declare my interest. I’m a casual FISO at Duxford. I’m also a pilot who thinks the place is pretty marvellous.

Alan.

alphaalpha
9th Jul 2007, 16:20
Well, we had a great airshow weekend. Superb displays and very few problems, I'm glad to say.

What about the Bonus Day on Saturday for Robins and all taildraggers. Come and get your discount! The grass is in good condition too.

Phone for PPR 01223 833376.

See you there?
Alan.

alphaalpha
15th Jul 2007, 08:03
Well, the weather was kind for the Robins and Taildraggers Bonus day and we filled up the hard standing aeroplane park -- including a couple ofr PPRuNers . The Sabre flew out at the beginning of the day and the pair of Spitfires later on; we also had a nice display by a Duxford pilot in a Pitts. Pretty much everybody seemed to have a smile on their face, so I think we can count the day as a success!!

The next Duxford Bonus Day is for all Piper aircraft on 11th August. If you're a Piper pilot, put the date in your diary now.

There's also the USAF day coming up on 28th July. I don't have details yet, but it will include display flying (and won't be a Bonus Day with discounts, sorry!)

Alan