PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from iBook to web?

Juud
23rd Jun 2007, 21:11
Here I am on the Lofoten Islands. With an iBook full og incredibly beautiful pictures of the midnight sun, stunning fjords, Nordic views, nautical details and much more.

And do I manage to upload them to photobucket or my MSN space?
No no and no again.

Tearing out what little hair I have, because I can do this with my eyes closed on a PC but am failing miserable on my Apple.
Feeling stupider than stupid, is there anybody here who is willing to take mercy on my ineptitude?

I log on, get the "choose file" button, click on it and then my misery starts.
I see a long list of thing, but when I click on iPhoto, which is where I have the pictires, all I get is a description of the programme- :sad:

Anybody out here with some idiotproof step by step instructions???

AppleMacster
23rd Jun 2007, 22:15
The quickest way would be to "drag" the photo from iPhoto onto the Desktop. This will actually make a copy of the picture, rather than removing it from iPhoto. You should then be able to find the picture to upload from the Desktop rather than trying to find it in iPhoto, which is a little harder (it's actually filed in Home>Pictures>iPhoto Library). Just trash the photo on the desktop afterwards.

If the photo is quite large in size and you need a smaller version for the web, you can select the photo in iPhoto and go to File>Export and save a copy as a smaller version.

Hope that helps,

Applemacster

PPRuNe Towers
24th Jun 2007, 14:12
.mac account Juud?

If so you've already got your own webspace and templates included. Do the lot from iPhoto.

Rob

BOAC
24th Jun 2007, 15:46
Juud - not a 'Dirty Maccer' but in Windows you get a 'browse' button which should allow you to choose the image. - is it different with the Mac?

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/comphelp/msg0506581315093.html

Binoculars
24th Jun 2007, 17:06
.mac account? I was staggered to find it would cost $100, not a one off but an annual fee, to access the facilities available.

Two years later I'm still to decide whether I'm going to pin my colours entirely to the Mac. I like what it does but I'm yet to be be convinced that the extra cost of a Mac is justified.

The release of Leopard in October will be the final arbiter for me. It had better be good.

PPRuNe Towers
25th Jun 2007, 06:42
Home user? Don't see the point - unless you have multiple computers.

As a road warrior .mac is invaluable - all 4 Towers macs kept permanently synched automatically right down to new bookmarks. That alone is worth the cost.

Rob

Juud
25th Jun 2007, 07:21
Thank you for taking the time to respond gentlemen.

AppleMacster, your option seems to be the best solution here and now.
Itīs painfully slow and laborious, but it works. :ok:

As to the mac debate...... got the iBook for on the road stuff, after endless years of reading and hearing it praised here and elsewhere.
Upto now, what it has mainly done is make me feel stupid and inept.
I donīt īgetī it.
I can browse web on it, yes.
But anything else, like writing evaluations on teh wroad, seems to be a major effort and far more complicated than on a PC.
Same with pictures and getting them onto the web.
Perhaps the problem lies with the interface between mac and microsoft, but when it takes me this long to upload each individual picture to a website, something is wrong.

The wrong probably lies with me, and when we get home I will yet again look for a way to learn to understand the machine, but until now, it has been an expensive disappointment.

Capt Chambo
25th Jun 2007, 07:24
I was looking through .Mac downloads for something else and came across this that may be of some use.....
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/flickrexportforiphoto.html

Hope that helps.

CC

BOAC
25th Jun 2007, 15:25
Hello Juud - "receiving, over"?