PDA

View Full Version : Want to go flying, but can't because your aircraft is u/s?

plans123
23rd Jun 2007, 17:56
Well, here's where the spares are - go figure. :ugh:

Aircraft spares (http://www.liquibiz.com/list/e11475/cta/1.html)

r supwoods
23rd Jun 2007, 18:11
Such was Resource Accounting and Budgeting ... use your spares or get rid of them, turn them into cash or pay the Treasury 6%.........

.............six months later ..... buy 'em back with at least 100% mark up .... :rolleyes:

............. How many ac sitting around being robbed for want of spares?

Krystal n chips
23rd Jun 2007, 18:38
This may not be quite what you think. There was, possibly still is, a company based at Hixon airfield who were spares suppliers. I went there a couple of times about 5 years ago now and was shown a considerable amount of Tornado spares....plus at the time 3 Wessex ( all airworthy, but not one with any blanks or covers on :ugh:) and several other types spares and GE equipment.

To judge from the name of the site above, it's highly possible the company has gone bump and hence into liquidation, thus the auction.

One question I posed re the Tornado spares was the relevant mod. state...never did get a reply as I recall. Strangely. ;)

green granite
23rd Jun 2007, 20:09
What I find so surprising is that there is a market for such things.

RileyDove
23rd Jun 2007, 21:52
This is the Mod's cleaning out of what is left at Stafford. The job has been outsourced to Liquidity services for a while.

antipodean alligator
24th Jun 2007, 02:32
Maybe, with the corect mix of GR4 and F-3 spares we could buy the lot and make a Heath Robinson FGR5 with the F-3 Radar, Fuselage and fuel tanks mated to the GR4 FLIR/ALARM/EPW/Storm shadow capability.........sell it to MOD as a poor man's F-15E Gapfiller to de-risk waiting for Dave and A-G capable Typhoon!

Saintsman
24th Jun 2007, 14:22
I noticed amongst them several INUs but if they are all redundant items why would anyone want to buy them?

Then again, they wouldn't put them up for sale if no one was going to buy them.

Green Flash
24th Jun 2007, 14:40
Surprised they havn't been sold (or otherwise;)) to Saudi

peppermint_jam
24th Jun 2007, 19:18
INU's look like the old fin 10 10 system that was replaced a while ago. Not much use anymore unless someone's tying to fill a hole in the nose of a GR1 on display somewhere.

microlight AV8R
24th Jun 2007, 19:33
So you don't reckon one would be any good in my Rans S6 ? Shall I just stick to the pocket GPS? :cool:

Colonal Mustard
24th Jun 2007, 20:43
هللو, ي وألد لكي وبي يأر سبرس بت ي نيد ا هندسهكي فرست!!!

(hello, i would like to buy your spares but i need a handshake first!!!):E

peppermint_jam
25th Jun 2007, 09:30
I think the IN platform would probably weigh more than your Rans S6!!