PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship

swiny1
23rd Jun 2007, 11:44
Hi, i recieved a Sixth Form Scholarship for Fighter Control, but my first choice is Pilot, will this mean that if i apply for a Univerisyt Bursary, i can only get Fighter Control, or can i still get a Uni Bursary for Pilot.

Pontius Navigator
23rd Jun 2007, 19:47
relented .

NRU74
23rd Jun 2007, 20:50
Pontius,
A bit harsh there.
He's probably only about 16yrs or so !
Give him a bit of encouragement - neither he, nor any of his friends, have been taught how to spell

NRU74
23rd Jun 2007, 21:15
On reflection [after a second glass of red] I think that should read " has" never etc

hobie
23rd Jun 2007, 21:25
Swiny ..... construct your message in 'Word' or similar ..... do a spelling check and Grammar if you really want to be safe .... then cut and paste into PPRuNe ..... and do remember to use Capital 'I' ......

PPRuNe is a dangerous place if you commit the cardinal sin of spelling mistakes ...... you risk being 'castigated' and that's not very nice .... :cool:

good luck with your career ..... :ok:

Pontius Navigator
23rd Jun 2007, 21:31
PPRuNe is a dangerous place if you commit the cardinal sin of spelling mistakes ...... you risk being 'castigated' and that's not very nice .... :cool::

Glad you used a spell checker :}

I've removed the other post, LOL.

hobie
23rd Jun 2007, 21:52
PN .... you are a teddy bear compared to Mr. R ..... :p

..... :ok:

BEagle
24th Jun 2007, 05:35
But should you ever commit apostrophe abuse........:=

Impiger
24th Jun 2007, 07:06
BEags - what on earth are you doing posting at 0535 on a Sunday. I thought I was sad being up at 0800. I do hope you are somewhere well to the East so that you're actually sat by a pool surrounded by totty and with G&T close to hand!

Apologies for thread abuse - but 0535 - really!

BEagle
24th Jun 2007, 07:13
Perhaps you should set your computer to UK local, mon vieux? It was 0635 when I posted, just having a cuppa first thing.

I've been mostly on a more easterly time zone for the past few weeks with the alarm clock set to the equivalent of 0500 BST and am now quite used to it!

And it's a bit too early for a G&T even for me!

hobie
24th Jun 2007, 08:58
But should you ever commit apostrophe abuse........:=

I know ..... I know .... :bored:

but it is my only vice and I just like the look of them ..... :hmm:

'only vice' ..... well, maybe not ...... :p

scottyhs
24th Jun 2007, 20:58
Swiny1, When you go back down the Cranwell for OASC for the second time you must include the branch that you recieved the scholarship in on your application form. You will recieve the forms direct from OASC (Note not from the AFCO, that step is missed out) they are the same as you have previously filled in, Simply return them to Cranwell (With any additional branch choices incldued) But be prepared to justify why you want to change your choice of branch after such a short time. All the best! :)

hobie
24th Jun 2007, 21:16
scotty ... duck ..... :hmm:

the 'I before E except after C' bandits are incoming !!!! .... ;)

Wader2
26th Jun 2007, 13:37
Hobbie, how do you know scottyhs wasn't taking the pith out of Swiny1?:O

hobie
26th Jun 2007, 16:59
Wader .... after the deletion of another members post, bringing up the subject of 'Spelling mistakes' within this thread, I look like the $$$$ who raised the subject .... :) .... and I didn't .... :hmm:

I've never made comment on the subject of spelling before this $$$$ thread and never will again ..... :p

ps. I before E except after C ...... roy g biv ..... saints on high can always have tea or alchohol etc etc ..... why don't modern teachers use these tricks for $$$$$$$$ sake .... :{

pba_target
26th Jun 2007, 19:25
And when you have filled out the forms a second time sent them back and go for the interview it helps if you can remember what you actually filled out on your 2nd or 3rd choices...... makes for a very embaressing pause in the interview otherwise;) (Although they still let me in so didn't do me any harm eh?!)

NRU74
26th Jun 2007, 19:31
pba
.....at least you got the apostrophe right

charliegolf
26th Jun 2007, 19:35
Hobie

We teacher's do use all of those trick's, but the git's don't (got 1 right) listen.

CG

Pontius Navigator
26th Jun 2007, 19:48
the trouble with apost's trophes is just who to blame.

hobie
26th Jun 2007, 20:45
the trouble with apost's trophes is just who to blame.

In my view the $$$$$ guys who can't spell ...... :8