PDA

View Full Version : Newquay Questions

MancRed
4th May 2007, 15:06
Anyone know who does the ground handling at NQY?

MancRed
9th May 2007, 00:02
Have interview with airport on thursday any info on airside side of thing would be great
Jarvis

falcon12
11th May 2007, 15:55
Probably too late for your interview now but was involved on the ramp in respect of equipment for the last 6 years.

The Airport Authority is the ground handler alright but the whole operation is run by the Cornwall County Council who have to convert the whole airfield to civilian operation when the RAF leave sometime next year, or whenever.

There is new set of Ground Ops managers etc who are basically having to re invent the wheel whist trying to climb the learning curve of how to run the ramp. Lack of staff, training and quality were the weak points up to April last.

The troops, the few that are about, sometimes as little a 2 per shift under the former management, do their best as far as I could see but its a thankless task most of the time as the weather gets you down - even in the summer!

Still, new brooms again but if the ramp is bad, the terminals worse and security............just dont go there but we all have to. Gloom.

MancRed
14th May 2007, 13:24
Cheers it was a bit late, looks like they are getting their act together now though the RAF are moving out soon and they will be applying for their own CAA license.
Jarvis

MancRed
19th May 2007, 22:34
Didn't get the job but I think Newquay has a great future good luck to the management:D

MancRed
20th Jun 2007, 00:26
Anyone from NQY know who the new Airside Ops Controller is?

Rubber Duck
20th Jun 2007, 07:01
I have heard it is an ex RHADS Operations Supervisor, Mr Snook.

MancRed
23rd Jun 2007, 07:51
Sorry but where and what is an ex RHADS Operations Supervisor....?

Snappybits
23rd Jun 2007, 08:19
JARVIS.......

RHADS ........................Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield so I suppose he was the ops Super there.

the bald eagle
26th Jun 2007, 07:06
Is Midwest Exec not at NQY any more?

On a slightly different thread who ever runs this airport could really do with lowering their landing and parking fees - I got charged (sorry bolted up)42 quid for landing and 1:30hrs parking in a PA28 its not exactly a LHR is it - did have the odd bit of tumble weed!

Skypartners
26th Jun 2007, 21:43
Sympathise about high cost of landing - one of my long held beefs - however at Newquay or, to be accurate, St Mawgan, it is unavoidable 'cos it is a military base and you can't allow any old Tom, Dick or Osama in. There are cheaper ways to fly to Cornwall albeit with some distance to cover to get down to Newquay. Like I say I usually get totally miffed at mandatory handling (at places like Newcastle I think it's a crime) but at NQY it is a vital element or all GA would lose access to this nicely located airfield. Good service from ATC, btw.

the bald eagle
27th Jun 2007, 09:11
And you have to apply for a bloody slot!!!!!!!!