PDA

View Full Version : Maun Airshow 2002

Swamp Rat
23rd Nov 2001, 21:34
We have been trying to hack at it for a while, but believe it or not progress has been made.
For those who don't know, a number of pilots working in the Okavango formed a commitee with the intention of organising an airshow / reunion / fly-in in Maun, hopefully around April 2002.
The feedback ranging from individuals to top government departments has been superb.

From the airshow side the BDF (Botswana Defence Force), SAAF (South African Air Force) have shown a lot of interest in participating. We would be looking at seeing F5's, C130's, Casa235 and PC7 aerobatic displays (from both Air Forces). With some luck we may even get a display by the South African Rooivalk. We are approching various aerobatic display teams.

For the reunion - for any of you who have flown in the Delta for the various companies - we would love to try and get as many of the old boys (& girls) together again for a beer or two (to be followed by a party OF NOTE)

:D :D :D
We are making a big effort to make this reunion something very special. Would be good to see all those who have moved to somewhere else.

This will be the first international airshow in Botswana. We would love to host and welcome any pilots and flying clubs, or anyone else to this historic event.

Maun - still a frontier town, with some very interesting individuals may just change your outlook on life (for better or worse). :eek:

We are looking foward to any feedback and assistance to help us in making this a momentus and historic party (ooops sorry, event).

Lutz and Lee

Cardinal Puff
24th Nov 2001, 12:08
Ya wouldn't be the Lutz who flew skydivers out of Carletonville and used to chase fat chicks now, would ya?

cracka fatty
24th Nov 2001, 18:25
If you've been around the swamp for a while could you tell me if you know where a friend of mine Mark Smith is. Going back a while now though 93 94 think he was with Delta Air.
Cheers CF

AMEX
25th Nov 2001, 20:08
Hi, Mark is now running his own operation in Maun. Moremi Air Services.

cracka fatty
26th Nov 2001, 14:36
Thanks for that could you let him know his mad kiwi mate Andy that was working for Rick Scummers was asking after him and would like to catch up.

[email protected]

Cheers CF

Swamp Rat
2nd Dec 2001, 12:16
CF

I have passed your E-mail address onto Mark, so I am sure you will hear from him soon.

Swamp Rat

cracka fatty
4th Dec 2001, 09:26
Thanks for dat.

CF