PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar Farewell - A Final Update

OC 6 Sqn
22nd Jun 2007, 17:30
A final update.

All preparations are coming together – tribute to the superb team that I have.We are expecting about 350 attendees at the Farewell Ball in the Officers’ Mess. I am conscious that many could not be certain of securing a free weekend when the original calling notice went out. We have deliberately catered for a few additional covers (I suspect that many will not be able to tear themselves away from chatting in the bar anyway) so that if you suddenly find that you are able to attend, against your original expectation, please do not hesitate to come along. We will accept cheques right up until Friday in preference to turning anyone away.

Equally, we still have access to accommodation if that presents a problem.

We hope that the HAS Bash, occurring simultaneously with the Farewell Ball, will now be a no cost event, but presently plan to levy £2 on entrance. Please note that no Public Money is being spent on any element of the Jaguar Farewell; a combination of some generous sponsorship and self-financing accounts for the Disbandment Parade, commemorative aircraft paint schemes, Enthusiasts’ Day, Families Day, HAS Bash and Ball.

I look forward to welcoming you next week.

(Mods - I will delete this thread on Monday to save server space)