PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Bus v WT + ?

Holdposition
22nd Jun 2007, 17:19
Just about to book a holiday flying LHR/HKG in either (BA/WT Plus) or MAN/HKG via DBX with Emirates in business class. The cost difference is not great deal to go with EMI and would appreciate any views on both services. Think the MAN/DBX will be in 777-300ER's, having done a search on here the business class it has to be said dosent get great reviews. The trip will be in May 2008 so maybe a change of aircraft or a revamp might be on the cards. A MAN deaprture would suit better even with a 3 hour stop over in DBX, so what do I go for:confused:.

Alex 009
24th Jun 2007, 11:50
Was not that long ago in a similar situation but from SYD-GLA. Ended up picking WTP, and save any bit of money I can.

Final 3 Greens
24th Jun 2007, 13:05
Holdposition

Having used both a limited amount (WTP twice, Emirates business twice) my view is....

WTP has seats that are better than economy, but has economy service.

Emirates J has seats that are poor by comparison to quality business class service, but better than WTP from a pitch perspective (at least 10 inches more), but the cabin service is J and the food is miles better than WTP (which is economy food and okay against expectations in that cabin.

If you need seat power WTP has it, not sure about Emirates as I didn't have it on the 330 (but haven't used the 777), but that might be worth checking.
On balance, if the prices are similar I'd take Emirates - but I would look around for special offers on EK to sell 1st seats for a small premium over J (what I normally do.) The 1st experience is very good.

Holdposition
25th Jun 2007, 15:37
Thanks Alex & F3G, pretty sure will go down the EK route. As my ticket comes in a package might not be the easiest thing to try for upgrade to 1st as you suggest F3G's but will give it a go direct with EK bit nearer the time, any tips how do this as ever be much appreciated, thanks again.

Final 3 Greens
25th Jun 2007, 17:45
holdpos

If you are buying as a package, the first deals may not be available.

I find that when I book, using an agent, there's often a deal where F is the same price as J and on one famous occasion was $400 less on a London/DXB sector :-)

However, going on hols I think you'll find the J service is great and will get your vacation off to a lovely start.

BYMONEK
8th Jul 2007, 18:17
Holdposition

Your flight from MAN should be on a new B777-300ER, especially the afternoon departure. All these B777's have the ICE system on board with over 500 channels of entertainment. This may be up to 600 by now. A row of seats have been removed to give a more spacious cabin of 42, instead of 47 and this makes a big difference. The seats are wide and comfortable.Facilities are available for laptop charging. Food and wine and overall service is far better that BA's WTP.

With the ongoing introduction of new Aircraft and competition from other superior J class products, Emirates is introducing new flat seats on the new aircraft and are retrospectively fitting these across the B777 fleet over the next year or so.

Hope that helps. PM me if you require further info. Enjoy the trip!

BYMONEK

Alex 009
11th Jul 2007, 01:49
By the way does anyone know of the WT+ seating plans with the new club world in the middle of the aircraft? Flying with them septenber 4th.

Holdposition
17th Jul 2007, 16:30
What wonderful info and fingers crossed it's the flat beds time we go:ok:, thanks all.