PDA

View Full Version : Netjets telephone Interview

INSIDEVIEW
22nd Jun 2007, 14:14
Hello all,
First of all thanks for this great Internet page helping me out many times in my little Aviation Career.
Now my Question:
What to expect during Netjets Telephone Call?
Will there be a fixed date?
Subjects?
Duration?
and how long does iot take to get reply if passed?
Thank you all so much
Cheers

redsnail
23rd Jun 2007, 15:17
The telephone call is a screening call and it shouldn't go for too long. Maybe 10 min or so, hard to say. :D

You'll be asked some technical questions however, you won't be expected to give text book perfect answers as you're "cold". However, I'd revise basic performance questions, such as "what's V1?" and other such questions.

Research the company, understand what Netjets does etc.

Your English standard will be assessed as well. If you're not fluent or comfortable with the English language, start brushing up on it.

If the call is inconvenient, such as picking up the kids, at the threshold etc you are quite within your rights to ask for another time.

You should hear fairly soon if you've been offered an interview.

ski monster
23rd Jun 2007, 17:22
In addition to what Redsnail has said, you will get asked a few scenario Qs such as what happens if the FO turns up smelling of alcohol, your passenger arrives with twice as much baggage as expected and to tkae it could put the ac over MTOM, that type of thing. I was told at the end of the screening that I had been successful and an interview was arranged there and then. My call lasted 15-20 mins. Good luck:)

INSIDEVIEW
24th Jun 2007, 00:51
Thano you very much, Gentleman ...!

fortuna76
24th Jun 2007, 01:56
Good morning,

just a small word from somebody already working here:

The telephonic interview was put in the process mainly to assess the level of English. We had guys in the past going all the way to an interview, where we then found out in two minutes that his level of English was not up to speed and we had to send them home. So this was a way of saving everybody time and money.

So nr 1 priority: English. The rest is to get an idea if you would fit the profile. Like the bagage scenario: take what you can but do not overload. Have the owner decide what to take and what to fedex, etc.. Also the fo drunk scenario, obviously we do not fly, but how do you go about it. Burn the guy...well probably not the answer we are looking for. So just a general idea of how you think.

Good luck on the interview. We are doing selections today and tomorrow here in paris. Successfull pilots will be looking at employment around october if they are available. Hiring will continue all through the year to fill up slots for the end of the year and beginning next year, so plenty of oppertunities.

Again good luck!

INSIDEVIEW
24th Jun 2007, 12:17
@ Fortuna

Could you give me some more informations concerning the time period between Application and Telephone interview?
Will there be a notification when they will call me (time and day )?
Right now if someone (:))applies with 1550 TT approx 300 Turboprop above 5,7t,how high are the chances to join the Recruitment Process?
I wanted to join the Roadshow in Germany but had to fly all night ,is thi a big disadvantage?

I have so much more Questions ,but i guess i will wait till HR of Netjets will contact me and tells me their decission.

For now ,thank all of you...

Cheers

redsnail
24th Jun 2007, 14:43
When I did the phone screening over a year ago your hours would be regarded as "low" in the context of a direct entry pilot with Netjets.

Ideally, you'd be wanting 500 hours multipilot (TT 1500) with a full ATPL. It's a lot easier to join with your full ATPL than it is to get the ATPL LST done. It's not impossible and others are doing it right now but, it's much easier to have that license before you join.

You don't have to go to a road show, it's not a disadvantage that you weren't there. The fact you know about them is a sign that you're interested.

Don't be concerned that night freight isn't "good" experience, there's quite a few ex night freighters in NJE and made the transition fairly easily. Naturally, the more complicated the turboprop avionics wise (ie FMS) the easier it is.

The recruitment isn't going to stop any time in the foreseeable future so if you don't hear from the Recruitment team, don't lose heart, when you get the ATPL in your hand, update your CV again.

INSIDEVIEW
24th Jun 2007, 14:58
Thank you very much for the help.
Any more comments highly appreciated...