PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in W.A.

meat bomb
21st Jun 2007, 16:52
Hi All,

Im considering a move to sunnier climes at the end of my current contract ( long while to go yet ). what Im wondering is what options are available in Western Australia preferably around the Perth area for a twin engine captain with spifr , police , hems experience. Should have about 3500 hrs by the time I make a move. Also what experiences have people had working in the region?

helopat
21st Jun 2007, 21:01
Have a regular look on the AFAP website (www.afap.org.au) under the jobs tab...not much at the moment, but there have been some ads in the recent past for jobs in WA.

I've got a few mates in the biz out that way...PM and we'll chat.

HP

kwikenz
22nd Jun 2007, 00:34
If you fancy a touring job, Bristow Australia, based in Perth are actively looking for drivers these days. If you're the right sort and age is on your side, you might find a slot there. 2/2 roster, 4 weeks leave and all work is Australia based.
PM if you want the contacts etc :ok:
Otherwise, there is very little helicopter work in Perth itself... you might also try Griffen Helicopters, Helicopters Australia and there a a couple of schools that you'll fond on google. There are Police and EMS outfits in Perth... no nothing about the police but I believe CHC run the EMS 412.
Good luck

Bol-kowboy
22nd Jun 2007, 02:32
Meat bomb,

As kwikenz said, best bet is try Bristow, CHC also have a SAR base at Pearce Air Force Base which is commuting distance from Perth.

The police most probably won't have an opening for a while (chatted to the chief pilot yesterday).

There are a few single jobs going in and around Perth. Helicopters (Australia) might be a good start as they have twin IFR operations in Gove N.T. which is a touring position.

Also give Jayrow helicopters a try they have operations in Karratha which might start touring.

Good luck.

Max_Chat
25th Jun 2007, 18:47
If you're the right sort and age is on your side

What!!! Are they only taking old gits? A bit ageist don't you think :confused:

meat bomb
25th Jun 2007, 20:40
Thanks for the help guys, at the moment Im just interested in seeing whats out there, there at least seems to be plenty of variety.