PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail & Freight Operations

EGPH_1981
20th Jun 2007, 23:05
Good Evening All,

I am looking for a little help, well actually a lot of help. I have been asked to prepare a report for my university course on the freight traffic across the UK. In order to give an in depth analysis I require a substantial amount of information that I cant find on the internet despie numerous searches.

What i need is basically a list of flights that make up the Royal Mail Skynet operations during the evening across the UK.

Also if anyone has a schedule for all the major cargo airlines that operate in the UK eg TNT, European Air Transport, Maersk Air etc.

Any contributuons no matter how small would be very welcome.

I have searched a good number of sites on the internet but cant seem to find any detailed information relating to the above.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

NB Private messages welcome.

bfsalphaone
21st Jun 2007, 18:46
EGPH_1981, check your pm

bfsalphaone

spitfire_sl
9th Jul 2007, 02:24
all I can tell you is that Skynet 26 flies from BRS-NCL. Skynet27 goes from NCL-BRS. These flights are on F-27 operated by MNG airlines. The usual load they take is 3000 to 4.5 tonns. Flying for Royal Mail means keeping to very strict dead lines. For example, if the flight is planned at 22:00 at 22:05 the captain needs to close the door and leave even if there is some mail left behind. If a delay occurs and its RM fault, then they will give a hold code. Usually the code is for 10 minues, and this will allow extra 10 minutes for loading. The Skynet doing the EXT-STN, is operated by BAC. Also, when flying for RM, we have to fly to the divers given to us by RM. The diverts will be other airports where RM have a presence there. This can be trouble some. For example, the BRS-NCL flight. The diverts given by RM are EMA and EDI. So if the weather is bad at NCL the plane has to come down to EMA, and if the weather is bad there as well, then it has to make is all the way to EDI. Not very sensible. Thats all I know about RM. hope it helps.

mr.postman
11th Jul 2007, 18:16
RM is as tough as all other postal operators too. It is better to leave 2200 with 95% of the mail in time than 2220 with 100% of the mail late. Check out www.ip.be for some details on international mail quality...

OPSBOY32
19th Jul 2007, 20:39
You might want to contact Jet2 / Channex as they operate a lot
of the skynet operation with their 737-300 QC aircraft. Im sure they will
have someone there you can talk to. Good luck