PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking the Volume in .mp3 files

seekayess
20th Jun 2007, 19:42
I am very fond of iTunes/ music of a vast variety and genre.

Often, I find that the volume of a particular number is a bit too low.

I am not really deeply into audio management etc, but would like to be able to EASILY tweak a volume to the level I want.

I operate on a Mac Apple, OS 10.4.9.

Any ideas/ hints?

marlowe
20th Jun 2007, 20:40
MP3 gain is a small programme that can be downloaded and will adjust the volume up or down can be downloaded from filehippo.com

Bushfiva
21st Jun 2007, 01:25
The Mac version of MP3gain can have issues with some files. Read the Sourceforge notes and make plenty of backups!

seekayess
21st Jun 2007, 07:12
Thanx a bunch for the prompt responses!:D

As advised, will do a 100% backup of all iTunes files before I venture into the MP3gain s/w.

cheers

Kestrel_909
21st Jun 2007, 11:30
Is there not a volume adjustment slider under 'Get Info' and 'Options' for each track? Or do you need more oomph than this?

seekayess
21st Jun 2007, 13:11
adjustment slider under 'Get Info' and 'Options' for each track

Kestrel, :confused:!!

Get Info/Options/Volume Slide? Have no idea how to get there!!

Unless I am missing a trick, are you still talking about iTunes on Mac OSX?

JamesT73J
21st Jun 2007, 13:27
have you tried ticking the 'sound check' box under audio options in itunes? This should cause itunes to try and level the volume of your mp3's so that they're reasonably consistent.

I don't use itunes but media player has something similar and it works very well, as does my creative MP3 player - hopefully this will work for you.

James

Kestrel_909
21st Jun 2007, 13:46
seekayess,
Apologies, I was referring to Windows:ugh: No experience with MAC, though Get Info in the Windows version is with a right click on the track.

Sorry.

seekayess
21st Jun 2007, 13:52
tried ticking the 'sound check' box under audio options

Yes, this has been done from the very beginning.

What I want to try and do is that there are some tunes/music, especially the classicals, that could do with a touch more than the max control I have on iTunes. :confused:

seekayess
24th Jun 2007, 07:36
MP3 gain is a small programme that can be downloaded and will adjust the volume up or down

I have d/l the s/w.

When I run it, I am required to select the file that needs to be worked upon. And then, the program does something in the background: one can't see what, and then, that is that!!

There is no hands-on, visual control in this, as one is used to with the Mac!! :confused:

Any advice?