PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher Airlines

RoyBoy20
20th Jun 2007, 12:30
I recently finished my training and am interested in working for Kingfisher.
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Kingfisher? Whether they consider low hours expat pilot?
All comments appreciated
Roy

Luke SkyToddler
20th Jun 2007, 17:48
I think you're flat out of luck mate, the requirement imposed by the Indian CAA for all Indian airlines for expat crew is that they must have 500 hours on type. That plus the fact that Kingfisher is actually becoming a highly desirable airline to work for now, and highly experienced people are bailing out of the likes of Emirates and European lo-co's to go and work for them.

Having said that, Storm Aviation must have found some kind of a loophole in the 500 hours on type requirement, because they are pushing a cadet scheme on aviationjobsearch.com at the moment, allegedly involving A320s and an Indian operator - minimum requirements are 1000 hours total time and £23,000 spare cash :uhoh: Don't think it's Kingfisher though, think it's Indigo.

You know there's a whole forum dedicated to Indian and Southeast Asian airline jobs elsewhere on pprune don't you, might have better luck asking on there.

LeChuck
20th Jun 2007, 19:11
Well, it's nothing to do with Storm. Indian DGCA requires expat pilots to have a min of 1000 hrs. total time OR 500 hrs. multi OR 100 hrs. on type before joining ANY Indian carrier.

And yes, Indigo is the airline involved in the program as Storm has a strong relationship with them.

Hope this helps.

RRA
21st Jun 2007, 10:40
Hi to all of you,

Strom? Do you have the web page of this company??? (or the full name)

Thankx

PD: They just send me an E-mail asking me for 100 on type... they look interested about hiring FO...

Luke SkyToddler
22nd Jun 2007, 11:00
It's Storm Aviation (not Strom), right at the top of any google search, and the website unsurprisingly is www.stormaviation.com

Who emailed you, Storm Kingfisher or Indigo?

Colibrie
10th Sep 2007, 23:21
Hello,

does anyone know anything about the KFA selection process?

What kind of interview (personal / technical)?
What kind of questions?
What is the simulator profile like?
Is there a tech exam?

I would be nice to hear also from colleagues who are still flying there, what they know about the screening and recruitment process.
Any post about the selection and especially about the checks (exams/sim) would be a great support.

Thanks! :ok:

spearomic
12th Sep 2007, 20:00
Yeah, please if anyone knows how it goes send some worthy information on the board, I am currently looking to work for them as a FO on the ATR, any help please.

Colibrie
21st Sep 2007, 08:49
Hello everyone,
first of all, i would like to thank everyone who posted me back. I would just have prefered, if I wouldn't have received all those replies as privat messages, but as posts, so that everyone could have red them.

However, I will post now the "matching" feedback I have received but NOT my personal experience, because I haven't done the assessment yet. If someone thinks (who went allready through the screening!), what I will post next is not correct, please please please correct the statements, so that everyone who will go to prepare himself / herself, will have the right information.

1. KFA will invite you for an interview / sim screening mostly on a short notice, because they are little unorganized with their planning. Some candidated have just received a phone call, not even a proper invitaion via email. However, you can trust them!

2. You will have to make your way to the screening yourself and you will be refunded for the expenses in any case (if you pass or fail !)
This is written in the contract agreement I received from one lucky candidate:

SCREENING PROCESS: The Airline will be responsible for all costs associated with short listed Crew Members attending a screening/selection process. The costs will include air tickets, ground transportation, accommodation, simulator while attending the screening process. The crew member will make their own travel & accommodation arrangement for attending the screening and further the reimbursement will be on actual ticket fare of the shortest route economy class and USD210 per day towards hotel, meal and per diem allowance.

3. The screening day itself is not really stressfull. The recruitment people (around 4-6 of them, HR & Flight Operation) are really friendly, nice and fair. They know, that the candidates want the jobs and have some tension. Small talks and a lot of coffee / tea brakes create a less tense atmosphere. The majority of people I received those information from, don't think, that this is not part of the assessment. They really believe there is no trick in having relaxed small talks. You will also get a briefing about the simulator and there are no hidden tricks. Everything will be told to you.

4. You will undergo a 1 hour sim profile one after the other with a short break of 5 minutes, which is absolutely fair and as follows:

- CPT / FO: Take off (airports where not mentioned, but someone said it depends on the simulator database) and a normal IFR departure (you can use all automatics)
- CPT / FO: Airwork (steep turns left and right, maintain speed and altitude, use the bird and no A/THR)
- CPT / FO: radar vector for an ILS CAT 1 (no malfunctions)
- CPT: no autopilot, no A/THR, no FD ... so basically raw data
- FO: no autopilot, A/THR ok, FDs ok ... so little bit easier
- CPT / FO: minimum will be a real minimum and you can barely see the appr. lights, but you will see them ans so you will have to continue, but than you get the G/A at low altitude (50 ft). If you don't continue at the minimum for the FO it is considered as low experience but for the CPT as well... dont know excatly but it is not that good.

5. GA procedures with a level off at low altitude for a visual approach (CAVOK). So remember the correct procedures (GA low altidude capture & VIS APP).

6. Full stop landing.

7. Reset T/O positon.

8. T/O with ENG FAIL at Vr (no damage, but no restart required by the Instructor, if you figure out what was wrong.... flame out is always good idear ;-) if everything else looks normal )

9. Do the drills and come back for an ILS (CAT 1)
- CPT: no autopilot, no A/THR, no FD ... so basically raw data
- FO: no autopilot, A/THR ok, FDs ok ... so little bit easier

10. CPT only: After landing or on short final you will get an ENG FIRE on the remaining engine. So land and do the drills. Some times the fire goes off and you can request a tow truck and sometimes you will have to revert to the ON GROUND EVACUATION C/L because the fire stays on. Of course the actions are done by the F/O. The CPT calls only the ECAM or C/L and does his PA and if req. EVAC command.

That's it. Doesn't sound too difficult.

However, all procedures are based on the last Airbus Revision and there are no company SOPs expected. So do the basic stuff and call all FMA changes, Speeds on T/O like 100 kt and after landing 70 kt (for the REV).

PURE AIRBUS IS THE BIG BIG THING THAT DAY!

I have been told, that even if you do little mistakes, it doesn't mean, that you immediately fail. They consider your overall performance and attitude (CRM).

After the simulator part one CPT will talk to you about systems. Just one or two questions to see if you know your stuff. I didn't get any questions asked, but it was told to me by a few candidates: "basic limitations and easy technical questions".

Than you will do a psycometric test on a laptop. About 50 - 500 (!) questions. Well, I know sound strange 100 to 500, but some wrote me, it was a short test of max. 50 to 100 questions and some told me they took almost 2 hours and they were sure it must have been at least 500 questions. Maybe it was just their impression of the time under a test situation or maybe their personalety was so complex, that the system had to ask so many questions, I don't know. Just feel sorry for the guy with 500 questions. However, the questions are very easy to understand and you will get always 2 questions on the display and have to choose which one suits you more, i.e.:

1. You are a good team player
2. You can make good decisions.

As you see, both of them are not bad and might suit you, but you can click only one and at times the same question is repeated in an other content with an other question. So, if you couldn't take it the first time, you might have the chance to pick it the second time.

That's it for the day than. Appart that know some people told me, that you get your results in the evening directly and some told me it takes a few days, the information I posted are the one I got from all your email and which made most sense to me, because they were matching. One guy wrote me, that they do a paper test, but this was not confirmed by anyone else and someone else wrote a total different sim profile. So I am asking, why would people try to tell "bullshxx" about an assessment. Don't have any understanding for that!

The only thing I dont know, is how do you get your money back for the travel and hotel... but I am sure, someone has figured that also out.

So enjoy the post and good luck with your check!

spearomic
22nd Sep 2007, 19:57
Thank you very much for sharing the very worthy information with US, good luck with KF, don't hesitate to tell us how it went, I am waiting also on a call I applied as a FO on the ATR, we'll see how it goes.
Cheers mate:ok:

cl65
24th Sep 2007, 05:09
what are the requirements for captain on an airbus?

lets say that i have 500 hrs as a captain on CRJ, will that be enough to get hired or do they need 500 hrs as a captain on airbus??

thanks for replies

Whoops
25th Sep 2007, 16:58
Colibrie

Thanks for the info. Please check your pm's.

Whoops

mustangbill
16th Nov 2007, 10:04
Hi,

has somebody news about the written test and interview at Kingfisher ?

Written test about a/c knowledge or ATP?

Thank you !!!!!

:rolleyes:

Holycow
16th Nov 2007, 15:05
Hi mustang,

I had 2 months ago interview with Kingfisher in Bangkok for ATR captain, well organized. It consisted of 3 parts - ATR technical written test, more-or-less the basic stuff if you know the airplane shouldnt have problems to answer. Then simulator 1 hour flying - the same stuff as recurrent, and finaly interview with chiefpilot, good guy, friendly talking about flying for Kingfisher.
I am coming to Kingfisher 2nd of January :)

Holicow

airbuspilot69
27th Nov 2007, 02:41
log on to flykingfisher.com