PDA

View Full Version : TCP

Baywatcher
20th Jun 2007, 12:23
Sadly that wonderful flight engineer and renowned character TCP (Dave Priest) passed away on 19th June after a long fight with a brain tumour. He will always be remembered throughout aviation and the mention of “TCP” always brings a smile to one’s face. A real privilege to have known and a great loss to aviation.
Funeral arrangements to be announced

BusyB
20th Jun 2007, 13:29
All my sympathy to his children and partner.
He truly was larger than life and will remain unforgetable for all those that knew him.
RIP:sad:

sizematters
20th Jun 2007, 14:21
I had the privelage of flying with Dave on many an occasion, and even more, had the good fortune to call this man friend...................

remember....................

"a warm engine, is a happy engine"......................

"She likes the sky, you know".......................

"hope we don't have to feather one after take off"

A very sad day.................................

John Wayne
20th Jun 2007, 16:51
Goodbye Dave. I liked knowing you—I liked it a lot.

JaJaBinx
20th Jun 2007, 21:22
Rest in peace, Dave
May you fly high forever
JJB

Fokkerwokker
20th Jun 2007, 21:36
I think one of his flightdeck quotes that used to tickle me most was:

"A balanced wing is a happy wing".

Blue skies forever Dave.

FW

FlexibleResponse
21st Jun 2007, 08:15
"Fill them up Captain, They're fuel tanks, not air tanks!"

It was a happy flight deck with TCP. He was always a welcome and humourous breath of fresh air.

Thanks for the flight! And thank you for thanking me for thanking you for the flight!

Happy journey, Dave.

Just wondering
21st Jun 2007, 09:11
On the Tristar one day we had two engines with serious vibs on both channels. Dave said, "this requires some serious immediate action, old boy", so he reached up for the C/A call bell and ordered tea all around - we never did shut anything down... and, of course, all was well.

He looked after all of the new young Captains like myself - I'll never forget him - I think I'm going to have a quiet day today

boofta
21st Jun 2007, 12:20
Dave took Garlic capsules every day, I asked him why. "to keep the helmet
shiny, old boy" he answered.
Another of his classic quips " I don't know how you boys in blue do it"

Godspeed Dave and thanks for keeping us all real

Tuckers
22nd Jun 2007, 03:44
Gentleman Dave, thanks for everything. Your humour and professionalism will long be remembered.

Ops managers and Australians sometimes had difficulty with the humour, but loved you none the less!

God speed.

Liam Gallagher
22nd Jun 2007, 06:17
TCP: (getting up out of seat for physiological break).... "anything happens.... just feather it...."
TCP: (when speaking on any subject)... "... like waking up with an erection...it'll be OK as long as you don't fcuk with it..."
Although very sad to hear the news; the mere mention of his name brings a smile to my face.... genuinely privileged to have known and worked with him.

HotDog
22nd Jun 2007, 07:13
Rest in peace old friend. You were an ace engineer. First appeared in my logbook on your line check HKG/TPE/FUK/TPE/HKG 4/8/73.