PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Flock1
18th Jun 2007, 16:30
I will be transiting Prague airport from Sofia to Manchester. Scheduled landing time at Prague is 1425 and then we leave again at 2155 on the same day.

Assuming we can be through security at Prague, is it possible (or even worth it considering the timespan) to head into Prague centre. I've been there before, but my better half hasn't, and it's somewhere she's always wanted to visit.

So, here's my plan.

Land at Prague - 14.25
Out the airport 15.00
Taxi (or tram/train/bus) into Centre - 15.45
See the main sites and have a quick drink of premium Czech lager. - 3 hours
Catch taxi back to the airport - 20.00
Arrive back at airport - 20.45
Go through securty and sit in departure lounge
Catch flight home.

Since we will have been checked through at Sofia all the way to Manchester (With CSA) I assume we can arrive back at Prague airport only an hour before departure. Is this true?

So what do you think. Is this a good plan or folly of the highest order?

Regards

Flock

ThreadBaron
18th Jun 2007, 17:10
It is worth a go if she ain't been before ... I assume you have and will know the sights and the routes between Tyn Square, Karlova Bridge/Vltava and the Castle.

A good folly!;)

Otherwise, sit in the lounge and have a long, slow, relaxing sampling of premium Czech lager.:ok:

Final 3 Greens
18th Jun 2007, 17:59
Flock

It looks do-able and will be enjoyable.

Get a taxi both ways though and don't catch a cab on the street coming back or they'll likely rip you off; Ask the restaurant or bar to order one for you.

Can't comment on whether 1 hour is enough at PRG, since I haven't been through there since the new security rules came in.

rmac
19th Jun 2007, 22:12
Very do-able, taxi 20 mins each way (arrange both drop off and pick up with airport taxi company, prices are reasonable), 1 hour back before departure is fine, and all main sights in Prague centre can be covered on foot during the time you have in town.

Don't forget to have a good dinner washed down with Czech beer on the banks of the river under the Charles Bridge.:ok:

rmac

Flock1
21st Jun 2007, 19:05
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to seeing Prague again after quite a few years.

Flock1