PDA

View Full Version : Kabo Air

Saturn
18th Sep 2001, 19:57
Looking for some information on Kabo Air of Nigeria. Read an ad for B747 classic flight crew. Figured it's probabaly for Hadj season coming. Can anyone tell me about working conditions and what happens after the Hadj ends? Domiciles, fleet, maintanence etc..
Thanks

B747wideboy
18th Sep 2001, 22:16
There are a couple of threads on Kabo already active in this forum and Terms and Endearment.

They have an office in Miami and a couple of American reps working there. Those guys are pretty good to deal with but be advised that the guy pulling the strings (Mr. Kabo) is a total flake. Several US-based guys flew for them last year. Most were paid (very well) eventually but it was a struggle. Add to that bases in Nigeria or Iran for the first phase of Hajj and maintenance and ops practices that are dodgy a lot of the time and you have a risky proposition.

To sum up, there are a couple of very knowledgeable guys in the Kabo operation who keep the thing going but you have to wonder how long they´ll be able to keep the plates spinning and, more importantly, if this is a proper way to operate 747s.

j boy
18th Sep 2001, 23:54
747WB
I think it is wrong to say Mr. Dan Kabo is a flake. He is trying to run a large organization under very difficult conditions.He has to try to do everything for himself and he cannot trust anyone as everyone is trying to get their slice of the pie. I worked for him for years and was always paid ontime. Paying expats in US$ (and at above normal rates) can take time but he is a good muslin and a man of his word.They have 7 747s now. Kano is not that bad and there are some very good pilots working for him who i know would take care of you. :)

[ 18 September 2001: Message edited by: j boy ]

JJflyer
21st Sep 2001, 15:01
I'd be very interested in the Hadjj. Hear that the chief pilot for Kabo is flying in Iran on a contract with one of the B747's. As I am hanging out in th neighbourhood in Western Africa I was wondering if it is worthwhile to pay a visit to Nigeria?

mutt
21st Sep 2001, 18:11
Hi there JJ,

Kabo are also flying Umra flights right now, same as Hajj flights but not specific to a particular time of year. I watched one of their 747's land last night, the look pretty clean in their new colours, much better than Tower Air used to.

Also saw your old 727.....

Cya.

Mutt.

Boss Raptor
22nd Sep 2001, 00:23
Well I would like to see your comments in a few months time...the Kabo infrastructure is a joke and as for his technical department, 'Larry' and his mexican mates, they are more interested in lining their own pockets than operating aircraft or supporting/paying contract staff...good luck! :confused:

B747wideboy
22nd Sep 2001, 02:30
Careful Boss, Mr. W loves to sue people!

We must have met.