PDA

View Full Version : APT accident at VOMM

divdby0
16th Jun 2007, 14:37
Yesterday(15/06/07) at around 9am IST, I saw an advanced turbo prop belonging to 'First flight courier' lose control during landing. The rwy in use was 25 and the APT porpoised about 5-6 times before the nose gear gave way, and the a/c came to a halt. There was also a fire near the nose section and was pretty scary to watch as I had front row seats to the incident. The other potentially dangerous situation was an indigo 320 holding short Twy C(i guess) and had the aircraft swerved a bit to the left, might have taken him out as well. Dont know if the pilots are ok, but they hopefully are. Even though its easy to blame the pilots for not going around, I was also informed that these guys do long shifts and fatigue can also be a major factor. Does the FDP rules apply to these guys as well?

anyways the shorter 12/30 was in use for a while and things were back to normal by the afternoon.

Aero_Safety
18th Jun 2007, 06:14
Divdbyo,

I am going to be involved in the investigation. Could you describe the landing and subsequent motion further ie was it like a bouncing motion or side to side. Are you aware of anyy pictures as I have not found anything on the internet.

Glad to see crew unhurt

best reagrds

Aero_Safety

powerstall
23rd Jun 2007, 02:14
any updaTEs on the first flight ATP accident?