PDA

View Full Version : Passengers delayed flight from EDDN

Flying Bull
15th Jun 2007, 18:11
from http://www.dcrs.de/news/1265/69.htm

Der Pilot eines Passagierflugzeuges, das von Nürnberg nach Palma de Mallorca fliegen sollte, hat Passagiere aus dem Flugzeug werfen lassen. Eine 13 Mann starke Urlaubergruppe aus Hessen hatte betrunken im Flugzeug randaliert. Einer der Hessen war bereits beim Einsteigen in das Flugzeug negativ aufgefallen. Er pöbelte in angetrunkenem Zustand das Board-Personal an. Er widersetzte sich zudem den Anweisungen der Crew, so dass der Pilot den Passagier vom Flug nach Mallorca ausschloss. Er musste das Flugzeug umgehend wieder verlassen.

Doch damit nicht genug. Die restlichen 12 Personen der Reisegruppe verhielt sich zunächst ruhig, begaben sich auf ihre Plätze und warteten auf den Abflug, doch sobald sich das Flugzeug von der Abfertigung auf dem Weg zur Startbahn befand, fingen auch diese 12 Personen an, das Boardpersonal zu beschimpfen, liefen trotz gegensätzlicher Anweisungen im Flugzeug randalierend auf und ab. Alle auffälligen Personen standen unter Alkoholeinfluss.

Der Pilot sah sich gezwungen auf der Startbahn um zu drehen und zurück zur Abfertigung zu rollen, um dort die Störenfriede von Board entfernen zu lassen. Dort wurden die Personalien der Randalierer aufgenommen. Sie erwartet ein Verfahren wegen Verstoßes gegen das Luftsicherheitsgesetz. Die 13 Hessen traten ihre Heimreise an.

Das Flugzeug und die restlichen Passagiere konnten jedoch erst mit einer zweistündigen Verspätung Richtung Palma de Mallorca aufbrechen, so dass ein Teil der Passagiere ihre Anschlussflüge auf dem Flughafen von Palma versäumte.

Die Randalierer erwarten Schadensersatzforderungen der Airline.

Or for the english speaking community,
After first dropping one drunken passenger from the planed flight, another twelve started running around in the plane on its way to the runway.
The cabincrew was insulted.
The pilot turned around on the runway and the passengers had to leave the a/c. Personal data was collected and the airline is thinking about compensation.
Flight was delayed about two hours.

Greetings Flying Bull

Avman
15th Jun 2007, 19:57
The main problem lies with the inflexibility of loco air travel and airport security delays that pax face these days. Frightened of missing the flight and getting stranded, pax often arrive at the airport much too early now. Some pass the time with a drink or two. However, there's a group of them, each one has to be sociable and buy a round. The larger the group, the more rounds to get through. The end result is that by boarding time half a dozen or more normally reasonable blokes or ladettes have turned into twatwurts (I like that AltFlaps). Perhaps alcohol should be banned at airports :eek:, but I guess they would just bring their own and drink up before going though security.

lomapaseo
15th Jun 2007, 23:28
Yea Avman, I feel sorry for the passengers now that you have explained how difficult it is for them to act in a responsible way.

But in the short term what do you suggest? Sympathy or corrective action?

SLFguy
16th Jun 2007, 07:39
"Yea Avman, I feel sorry for the passengers now that you have explained how difficult it is for them to act in a responsible way."

No wonder so many people have given up trying to contribute on this site.

Avman
16th Jun 2007, 09:35
If Lomapaseo is American he may not be aware of the rowdy drinking culture which exists in certain European countries, notably Britain - but Germany, Denmark & some Eastern European countries too. I have never witnessed the rowdy drunk behaviour of (American) passengers in the USA. Not to say it doesn't happen there, but I'd say not as frequently as over here. With the exception of their President (:E), Americans do generally behave more responsibly - because they know that they just won't get away with it. Nevertheless, I think that Lomopaseo failed to see the point I was making regarding the longer periods pax spend at airports now days. As for the solution: make it absolutely clear to pax that any drunk or unruly behaviour will not be tolerated whatsoever and deny them boarding. But how to get the message across before they reach the airport? Large warning signs with each step of the web booking process maybe?

matt_hooks
16th Jun 2007, 09:45
I have to say I kind of agree with lomapaseo. Is it really beyond the realms of possibility that people can realise that there is a limit to what they can drink? Av you talk about a "drinking culture" as if it's an excuse for this unacceptable behaviour. I'm sorry but no, I can't accept that. People need to learn to take responsibility for their own actions. It's all too easy to blame "the culture" or such, but no-one FORCES them to drink! If they haven't the common sense or self control to say "I've had enough" then it's no-ones fault but their own!

Avman
16th Jun 2007, 10:33
matt hooks, by all means share your opinion but not at my expense. Did you actually read what I wrote? Or did you take snippets out of context? For God's sake people read what I'm saying! I'm NOT condoning their actions and I'm not making excuses for them. I'm just stating what I believe is a fact of life these days and that it is my contention that loco airline and airport policies are a contributing factor.

groundbum
16th Jun 2007, 12:10
the airport authorities could mandate to the terminal shops and bars that all glasses used to serve acohol have etched into them "drunk passengers won't fly today and will see tickets shredded".

I would have thought this would slow most drinkers down, and they certainly couldn't say they didn't know!

G