PDA

View Full Version : How long can one expect the airline industry boom in India to last?

Indrish
15th Jun 2007, 17:13
I'm hearing different things from different people, ranging anywhere from 6 months to 15 years. What's a realistic estimate?

I'm guessing current commercial pilots in India would be more aware of this than someone in Canada.

Thanks.

florida flamingo
15th Jun 2007, 20:52
when I left India in 1963, the population was 360 million. Today it is more than 1.1 billion. If the population growth stays the same then the boom should last for ever. When the oil runs out according to the Hindu legend they will be able to fly on something else There's hope for all the young Indian pilots!

Indrish
16th Jun 2007, 02:28
Yeah; we're a horny bunch.

zakka
16th Jun 2007, 19:29
I will give you the only correct answer: No one knows! Nobody has ever been able to see more than 6 months into the future in the aviation industry, so if anybody tells you they know what's gonna happen in the next 2-3 years, they're lying.

Nevrekar
21st Jun 2007, 07:08
For the expat pilot I think 2-3 years would be a good ballpark figure. By the end of three years many of the local pilots will have the 2500 hours plus needed to upgrade to Captain. If the growth continues and there remains a shortage of Capt qualified guys then you can be here for a lot longer.