PDA

View Full Version : hughes 300c

loggerman
14th Jun 2007, 23:19
does anyone know for any hughes 300c,s for sale at the right money and condition? to base at swansea airport.thanks if you can help.

Pilot DAR
14th Jun 2007, 23:36
There's a Schweizer 300C here in Canada which is soon to be up for sale (I'll be sorry to see it go, it was my favourite to fly). Silverline Helicopters, Holland Landing, Ontario, Canada. Contact: Ian Rogers.

Pilot DAR

Sewing Machine Man
14th Jun 2007, 23:37
Give Spencer Davies of Spencer Davies Engineering, Burry Port a ring. He may be able to point you in the right direction. He was rated to fly a 269 some years ago. My point is he’s a good networker and has many contacts. Also Paul Adams of PA Installations, Llanelli another 269 pilot. Both trained with Colin Larner at Great Dane Helicopters, Haverfordwest.
Hope that helps,
Mike

Whirlygig
14th Jun 2007, 23:42
Well, the July edition of Today's Pilot has one advertised! However, whether it's the "right price and right condition", I cannot say!

Cheers

Whirls

TOT
15th Jun 2007, 06:18
Not quite correct, both PARTLY trained at PEMBREY by COLIN (RIP)
and Ray Jones.
BOTH completed with Ray Jones at Redhill (now at Gloucester)
Great Dane Helicopters did not exist then,
Great Dane was started by Colin AFTER Pembrey ceased trading.
Pembrey was started,owned and operated by Jeff lloyd,(Swansea boy), ex part owner of Redhill helicopters
Numerous other students done the same route then
Although, they (SP and PA) have both flown with GD at HAVERFORDWEST in recent years.
There is a privately owned 300c (G STEP),just up road from Swansea now, but it is NOT available to hire or use
Yes,agreed, 300c badly needed in area. nearest one now Gloucester.,

Three Blades
15th Jun 2007, 07:50
There is a 300c for sale currently based in Bournemouth.
PM me and I will give you the contact details

Up & Away
15th Jun 2007, 08:31
For Sale Hughes 300B
I'm sure owner would sell for about £45,000.
Interested??
pm

Whirlygig
15th Jun 2007, 09:02
Is the 'B' model fuel-injected?

Cheers

Whirls

Up & Away
15th Jun 2007, 09:13
Whirlygig.. yes it is
Differences are..
main and tail rotor blades are a bit shorter
'smaller' engine.
electics use 12volt system.
I 'borrowed' this aircraft for 20hrs or so for training a PPL/H
He actually got to like it .. even did his solo Qxcty in it.
G

Whirlygig
15th Jun 2007, 09:30
...hhhmmm could be tempted meself!!

Cheers

Whirls

Sewing Machine Man
15th Jun 2007, 10:08
Jeff Lloyd. Where is he these days? I liked him. Gave me a trial in a real bone shaker of a machine. I think we were one step away from ground resonance that day

VeeAny
15th Jun 2007, 10:34
I know where there is an immaculate 269CB with about 1300hrs on it, PM for details.

Other than that Aerosales (http://www.aerosales.de) have a C for sale in the current helidata 185,000 Euro.

Not being commercial, just answering the question.

Cheers

V.

rotornut
15th Jun 2007, 14:15
Whirlygig
We owned a 269B - the correct designation. I really liked it but it was a little short on tail rotor authority and slow on cruising speed. Other than that no serious design problems.

loggerman
Try this outfit: http://www.aogheliservices.com/history.html

Whirlygig
15th Jun 2007, 15:32
slow on cruising speed.

Geez, how much slower can a Schweizer get? :} Thankfully, it's not for speed kicks that I fly 'em.

Cheers

Whirls

rotornut
15th Jun 2007, 15:56
It was embarrassing to be flying alongside a major highway and seeing the traffic beat you - we had a headwind that day. The machine did about 80 mph max.

Heli-Ice
15th Jun 2007, 16:40
You can check if I am up for selling my 300C.

Whirlygig
15th Jun 2007, 16:51
Heli-Ice,

Can I check with you please whether you are up for selling your 300C? :}

Cheers

Whirls

Heli-Ice
15th Jun 2007, 17:04
Dear Whirlygig.

You can check my equipment's condition and terms anytime! :cool:

SEL
16th Jun 2007, 19:40
Hi

Last time I was there, which was some time ago, CSE had a Hughes 300C for sale (G-BXMY). It is an old 1970's 300C but sweet to fly. When it was discussed, I think they were looking for £50-60K for it but you'd have to contact them direct for latest info.

Sewing Machine Man
16th Jun 2007, 21:49
Thought I recognised the G-BXMY. It was Colin Larner’s trainer. Great Dane Helicopters, Haverfordwest. I still have a copy of the weight and balance worksheet. My Log Book says G-BXRP which he must have had later.:confused:

TOT
17th Jun 2007, 08:23
I first became involved with G BXMY in Yorkshire.
In 1997, I travelled to Yorkshire with Jeff Lloyd,for him to view and purchase GBXMY.
It was then N9599F .
After the purchase it was flown down to Stephenson Avaition at Goodwood to be Transfered on to the G reg.
When it was completed, (now it was G BXMY), Jeff flew it from Goodwood direct, enroute to Swansea.
Whilst enroute, midway between Weston Super mare and Cardiff (i.e over the Bristol Channel) some of the cooling fan retaining bolts came out and shredded through the engine cooling fan and cooling shroud!!!. You may remember the AAIB report, see the link. Fortunatley, Jeff magaged to get it back on the ground somewhere near Portishead. Colin subsequently operated the heli at Pembrey for Jeff until trading ceased at Pembrey. After trading ceased at Pembrey, the helicopter remained in the hangar at Swansea for a good number of months. It was subsequently flown direct to Droitwich, for maintenace, by the new owner, (one of the directors of Redhill Helicopters).
It was then operated at Redhill for the next few years, until such time as Redhill Helicopters disposed of all their 300's. G BXMY was never operated by Great Dane at Haverfordwest.
http://www.aaib.dft.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/march_1998/hughes_501589.cfm

md 600 driver
17th Jun 2007, 08:45
TOT
as usual spot on the button

i can also remmember g step from its time in yorkshire when i did my 300 training

not seen you for ages we will have to meet up
steve

loggerman
17th Jun 2007, 19:57
thanks for all your replies i got a few new leads to follow on monday but keep the ideas coming their very helpful ps it must be a 300c with plenty of component time remaining.

Zero Thrust
29th Jul 2007, 20:01
Hi

I have a 300C for sale. Fuel injected, 24volt, 3 seat, long range tanks.

Low engine hours.

email me with your phone number and I will call you.