PDA

View Full Version : Easa Mod

levo
14th Jun 2007, 19:38
Posting this for a friend

Can anyone explaine why EASA need your bank account details when applying for a modification,why it costs so much for a mod and takes so long.

Gaseous
14th Jun 2007, 23:10
They need your bank account details to pillage it. It costs so much and takes so long because allegedly they have to check the mod is safe. I think this is cobblers. More like it is to put you off attempting it in case the lawyers come back at them if it goes pear shaped. (informed legal opinions are most welcome!)

I tried to get a sensible, stc'd and safety related mod done some years ago when under the rule of the CAA. The whole beaurocracy was so obstructive, I eventually just gave up.

A great aid to flight safety I think not.

206 jock
15th Jun 2007, 07:32
Indeed! I was once faced with the prospect of a huge CAA/EASA mod fee because I wanted to swap a King KT76A for a KT76!

One reason why - if my plans come together - there will soon be a nice and shiny N registered B206 gracing the shores of the UK.

The CAA and EASA are becoming a barrier to general aviation in this country. As soon as the government made them a profit centre, we all knew we were doomed, really.

ScotiaQ
15th Jun 2007, 09:54
We all know that CAA = "Campaign Against Aviation" and now they have the EASA shield to hide behind. As noted above , it is all bureaucracy and adds absolutley nothing to safety. In fact the rules are now causing problems that were never there before EASA.

I wonder if all European countries take note ??

AB139engineer
16th Jun 2007, 06:04
206 jock

A few years ago I engineered / built a dual GPS antenna bracket system for use on the tailboom of AS350/355 aircraft. The Canadian STC took 3 months, next the FAA familiarized it and issued a FAA STC in 2 months. Then we applied for approval in Britain and it took over 3 years!:ugh: