PDA

View Full Version : 767-300

markpodbery
14th Jun 2007, 15:43
Hi all,

I am looking for some help for flight planning for the 767-300 series, it is only for fs purposes, but I am big into the fuel planning inc winds / derates, alternates etc, I am hoping maybe there is a 767 pro out there that will be happy to help me out. I just really enjoy this side of things.

I thankyou in advance

Rgds

Mark P

flyboyike
14th Jun 2007, 19:00
What's your actual question?

markpodbery
14th Jun 2007, 21:21
Well mainly looking to find out how the planning side of things is done or so I can get close to it.

I know dispatch does this for the pilots normally, but people in the FS world I know plan there flights properly including stuff I put in my last post!?

Do you see what I am getting at??

Thanks

Mark

nano404
15th Jun 2007, 01:02
This is my interpretation:

You want to know how dispatchers/pilots plan a flight for the 767-300 because in flight simulator you dont have a dispatcher to do that, things such as "fuel planning inc winds / derates, alternates etc".

Am I correct?

markpodbery
15th Jun 2007, 17:56
Hi there,

LOL, yep you have got it!!!

Holding out hope of a RW 767 pilot contacting me, unlikely hey!!!

Am I making sense now?!

Rgds & Thanks

Mark P

Richard Spandit
16th Jun 2007, 11:47
Flight dispatch is generally done using software by Jeppesen - it costs millions and does all the fuel calculations etc. If you wanted to do it yourself, you'd need to start wading through tables in the Boeing performance manuals and it would take you roughly until the end of time to get it anywhere near accurate.

Once the computer generated flight plans are received by the flight crew, we then check the weather at departure, destination and alternates. If they are fine, there is normally no need to adjust the calculated fuel. If the weather is bad, an airfield is closed or other delays are anticipated, the fuel can be manually adjusted.

An alternate airport is chosen because it's near to the destination and has enough facilities to cope with your aircraft.

Regarding derates, the Boeing uses an assumed temperature method - you have to wade through more pages of tables to work this out - they are airfield specific.

fire wall
16th Jun 2007, 17:19
170 T TOW fuel req = (flt time X 6t ) plus 10 T
135 T TOW fuel req = (flt time X 5 T ) plus 10 t
flt time = dist nm / 450 av TAS (encompasses clb and dec)

....is that what you were after?