PDA

View Full Version : faa to south african conversions

gna
2nd Nov 2001, 02:20
Can anyone tell me if i can covert my faa comm/me/ifr into a south african licence.
If not, what courses/flight training/exams would i need to get to fly south african planes. Or maybe i can fly south african machines with the american stuff?
thanks for your reply. GNA

exjet
2nd Nov 2001, 02:50
You shouldn't have a problem as South African commercial pilots who could not pass the SA ATP exams have had their FAA/Swaziland licences validated.

DownIn3Green
2nd Nov 2001, 03:26
Yes but unless the need is great these validations are for flights on ZS a/c anywhere but in S.A.

Please correct me if I've been misinformed.

gna
2nd Nov 2001, 03:45
So if I get it right I can fly South African planes with my faa licences, but only if I get those faa licences validated, and then only outside South Africa?
Now there's one more question: how can I get such a 'validation', what does it cost, how long does it take and who do I contact?
Appreciate the info guys!
GNA

exjet
2nd Nov 2001, 04:06
No you got it wrong, you can now fly in SA on ZS aircraft with a validation, in fact you can even add new types to the validation, I think that the CAA is the only country in the world to add new types to validations. Contact Mike Wrigley at CAA he is the issuer