PDA

View Full Version : CX pay q's.

ASH1111
11th Jun 2007, 22:48
Hi folks. How long has it been since cathay pilots have recieved a raise? Also what is the progress on the rumour of integrating pax.frgtr pay scales? Could this really happen?

Additionally, on the recruiting situation: Is it really as bad as they say? I know of numerous guys with Jet PIC unable to get a call...is CX inability to attract qualified people possibly a pipe dream of those hoping to pressure CX into better renumeration packages? Not trying to insult, honest Q's.

Thanks!

Freehills
12th Jun 2007, 06:17
Last year, or this year.

Like most airlines, CX has paypoints (i.e. Capt year 1, year 2) and you get a pay rise every year until you hit top of scale.

When was the last time the payscales were increased - thats a different story!

CMOTDibler
12th Jun 2007, 08:31
Ash,

Pay rise?
It has been a very long time since the last pay rise. Negotiations on renumeration and pay integration etc are taking place at the moment so you will have your answer in a couple of months- or longer depending on how long it takes for everyone to agree (although of course not everyone will be happy)
You can guarantee that there will be plenty of discussion on this site over the coming months regarding these negotiations.

Could integrated pay scales really happen?
The company have already proposed an integrated pay scale that was voted down last year so you can expect them to be pushing it again during the current negotiations.

On the recruiting question
As to recruiting I can't comment as I am not tapped in to that vine except to say that the general consensus is that they are particularly short of freighter crews. Somewhere on this forum there was a mention of only 17%? turning up for the interviews.

Qualified people?
Of course if cathay can't (we like to say 'cannot' in HK) attract people it strengthens our position re: pay and conditions but cathay can always just keep lowering the requirements to get the numbers it needs which is bad for us safety/experience wise. So its a double edged sword really.