PDA

View Full Version : CIA 'extraordinary rendition' flights to UK

SpannerInTheWerks
9th Jun 2007, 10:18
I've just seen the news article.

I'm surprised, as the jets allegedly used UK civil airports, that some aviation enthusiast somewhere didn't make a note or take a picture of the CIA aircraft if they did indeed refuel in the UK?

Just one photograph could support the allegations made by the human rights group 'Liberty'.

SITW :)

andrijander
9th Jun 2007, 10:34
Hi,

allegedly it isn't that simple as some flights were normal planes, that is, as an example it is belived in one occasion they used a LJ35 which is not what you would expect to be a tipical prisoner transport. There are plenty of american registered luxury aircraft flying over europe all the time...you never know.

A:

cwatters
9th Jun 2007, 11:05
Spotters do claim to have details....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1664149,00.html

matt_hooks
9th Jun 2007, 13:41
Hmmmm, there was a US reg G5 at Cranfield a while back, parked at a remote stand. They got very shirty when a friend and I wandered over to have a shoofty and take some piccies. The guy said it was mil, but didn't have any recognisable mil markings!

I'll dig through my photies and see if I can find them, and the date.

Interesting stuff!

Now where did I put my tinfoil hat?

Liffy 1M
9th Jun 2007, 15:45
The media don't seem to appreciate that many airports, particularly around Europe, see a sizeable volume of US executive jet or other private aircraft movements, most of which, other than their registration, don't carry much in the way of distinctive colour schemes or corporate markings. At the time those said to be linked to "rendition" operations looked no different than other executive aircraft and it is only after the event that most have been identified as potentially operating for the US Government. They certainly didn't/don't helpfully carry "CIA" titles!"

Hamid_27
9th Jun 2007, 22:21
Hi,

there was a US reg G5 at Cranfield a while back

was that the blue one parked in the hanger, behind the 146 2 weeks ago?

If it was, i got warned about that too :oh:, and was told it "was technically not there" (in the hanger:=), and was told not to take any photos too:=, but they didnt tell us why.:sad:

(dont be suprised if you see me walking around in a tin foil hat):E

fantaman
9th Jun 2007, 23:29
Just one photograph could support the allegations made by the human rights group 'Liberty'.
You only have to look on a site like airliners.net to see details of where the aircraft have been visiting. Three aircraft that are said to have been used to carry out these flights have been seen on quite a few occasions in the UK and throughout Europe. For example:

Boeing BBJ N313P (re-registered N4476S)
Pictures from Palma de Mallorca, Prague, Geneva, Oporto, Frankfurt.

Not to mention a few other aircraft from "strange" companies like Tepper Aviation.

matt_hooks
10th Jun 2007, 00:44
Hamid, no this was parked on the farthest apron, where all the helos park, Patriot Aviation run it. :rolleyes: Up towards the threshold of RW21 (by hold A4) and was a couple of months ago, though it does sound like a similar story that we got from the guy that came dashing out shouting and waving his arms.

amanoffewwords
10th Jun 2007, 12:26
Loads of info re the aircraft used here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendition_aircraft (with the usual caveats...)