PDA

View Full Version : dvd to ipod

speedtapeking
8th Jun 2007, 19:25
any guys out there can help ?? using dvd decrypter and then videodora to put dvds onto my ipod.

if you have a dvd which is say a series off the tv, eg coast or similiar, if you watch the dvd you can select which program in the series as though its a chapter. if you rip the dvd with decrypter you end up with one long file where you have to watch it all the way through. is there a way to rip the chapters individually ie so you can watch program 6 out of 8 for example ?

spannersatcx
8th Jun 2007, 21:40
You need to do each episode seperately. In dvd decrypter you'll get maybe VTS01, VTS02 etc these will contain the individual episodes, they will be PGC1 and show whatever the duration is. Sometimes you may get just 1 VTS folder and have multiple PGC's in them, just convert each one individually. Sometimes you may just get one long PGC say 2hrs this means the episodes are back to back and will be difficult to do. I think you need to be in IFO mode to do it.
I did it a long time ago, if you have any problems have a look at the DVD decrypter part of this guide (http://forum.videohelp.com/topic301015.html)