PDA

View Full Version : HP 7200 " all in one refuses to scan

SeldomFixit
7th Jun 2007, 08:12
I have an HP 7210 all in one scanner/copier/printer/fax that refuses to scan. Keeps saying no scan options loaded - install software. I've done and redone this and while I may get 1 scan out of it, the next time I reboot it refuses to play. Any suggestions from my source of all knowledge PC ?

Thanks all in advance

Duckbutt
7th Jun 2007, 08:32
Just a long shot - have you recently installed IE7 as this can (in layman's terms) **** up your HP scanner drivers. See:

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=247918

Following the suggestions therein and the (rather large) download mentioned fixed a similar problem for me.

SeldomFixit
7th Jun 2007, 11:40
Thanks Dukky - partially successful. Still getting the message when trying to initiate scan directly from the all in one device ( ie: scan to word etc ) but able to scan from the HP solution centre. During the install, at the point it asked to connect the USB and ensure the device was powered on, it never recognised the device as being connected - just hung there until I selected " connect the device later " option. Perhaps some erudite chap will have more suggestions. Thank you for your help Duk.

Gertrude the Wombat
7th Jun 2007, 18:06
Just a long shot - have you recently installed IE7 as this can (in layman's terms) **** up your HP scanner drivers.
Well, more reasonably one could look at this the other way round. HP software is notorious for not following the rules and breaking itself when some perfecly correct update is made to some other part of the system.

I solve this one by not buying any HP kit which involves software.

Keef
8th Jun 2007, 19:03
I am heartily sick of reinstalling the drivers for a friend's HP scanner. it's one of those with three buttons on the front. The primary purpose of the buttons seems to be to crash the PC. She and her husband are totally computer-illiterate, and phone most weeks with a PC problem. All but the HP get fixed over the phone; the HP usually needs uninstalling, wiping, reinstalling, etc etc - sometimes more than once.

My scanner is about ten years old, made by Agfa, totally obsolete, and hasn't missed a beat in years.

There's a message in there.

SeldomFixit
9th Jun 2007, 04:05
The HP ( Highly Problematic perhaps ) Scanner has had the latest drivers installed and each of the kind suggestions implemented to no avail - sort of. If I initiate a scan from the HP Solution centre ( a mis nomer, surely ) I can initiate subsequent scans from the machine itself via either the scan to or start scan buttons and all selections are avialble in the control panel window of the all in one machine. This however is only as good as the next reboot when al has to be repeated. I suspect those that think a different brand will cure this issue may be right. I did do an IE7 update so this is possibly a legacy. Thanks for the inputs chaps.
SF :ugh: