PDA

View Full Version : FAA-PPL "based on..." delivery question

acuba 290
6th Jun 2007, 12:45
Hi. I have got temporary airman certificate (based on my british one), it was end of January this year and after 120 days hope to receive card format PPL home to Europe. How long does it take with postage normally? Who got that already, guys?

Chilli Monster
6th Jun 2007, 12:48
You should have it already I would have thought - my Commercial only took a month and a half.

Check the address the FAA have for you on the faa.gov website database.

slim_slag
6th Jun 2007, 12:51
It's well overdueWe are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately April 30, 2007

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/

On the same page you can find a link to have it reissued, or if you create an account have an extension for 60 days, and check your address.

Dave Gittins
6th Jun 2007, 12:57
I got my piece of paper issued at Denver FSO on 26th Feb this year and the nice card for the "Orville and Wilbur Club" arrived in deepest Surrey towards the end of April.

If you haven't had yours, I suggest you email the Oaklahoma City branch of the FAA (look on the website).

DGG

Speedbird48
6th Jun 2007, 17:04
Your permanent certificate will only go to the address that you used on the 8710 form that you completed for the FSDO.

The "No Tell Motel" won't do it, nor will some distant relations trailer in the backwoods!!

You are well past the date that they should arrive, and if the above is not the answer call the OKC folks as has been suggested in other messages. They have been very good lately about getting them out in minimum time.

BaD.

acuba 290
7th Jun 2007, 02:55
thanx for tips folks, i will contact FAA asap ;)

F900EX
7th Jun 2007, 06:24
Dave Gittins.. Just curious, where in Colorado did you do your training ?

Dave Gittins
7th Jun 2007, 07:05
Meadowlake (00V), 10 Nm NE of Colorado Springs. (Look out for Cgerokee's RAMMED into trees)

Didn't do any training as such but did a very comprehensive (i'm pleased to say) Flight review and then rented a very nice C-172 from American Aviation.

Am goiing back in about 6 weeks as my daughter lives in Monument.

DGG :ok: