PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlantique?

steggers
6th Jun 2007, 09:21
Hi guys, i wonder if anyone could help me?

Recently Air Atlantique merged with another company to form the RVL Group. They have now got there own cadet pilot sponsorship scheme.

What i would like to know is are Atlantic Airlines the same company or is it different? I don't want to apply for them if there the same company (Be like applying twice!!!)

Any feedback would be great
Many thanks

6th Jun 2007, 09:32
Airlines are a seperate company.

I'd suggest reading up on this if you're planning on going for sponsorship with them!

steggers
6th Jun 2007, 09:44
May i ask why? is there something wrong with the company? etc, etc?

BlueRobin
6th Jun 2007, 09:58
Steggers, the cargo, recon, highland, flight training and classic flight are owned by and were run by Mike Collett. MC has over the past few years sold the operational sides off, which has largely been done through management buyouts. It is aiui a retirement thing. The first to be sold off was the cargo section, Atlantic Airlines, then Atlantic Flight Training. Recently the Recon section (cessna twins etc) was sold to their management, now operating as RVL. Air Atlantique now I guess doesn't really apply to any one operation. MC still retains operational control over the Classic Flight section, his flying museum. AIUI most of the aircraft are still owned by MC's company in Jersey. On the cadet side, AFT have a cadet liaison officer who maintains close links with the now independent atlantic companies.

steggers
6th Jun 2007, 17:24
Many thanks for your reply, has helped a bit to understand. I'll apply to both of them and see what happens. Once again many thanks

wordyuk
8th Jun 2007, 21:12
www.rvl-group.com (http://www.rvl-group.com) and the link for the sponsopship is at the bottom.