PDA

View Full Version : Headset repairs

eyeinthesky
5th Jun 2007, 20:29
Does anyone have any recommendations of places and /or people for headset repair?

I adapted my DC 13.4 for ANR a few years ago with the great kit from Adams Aviation, but it has now developed an intermittent fault. It the ANR bit cuts in and out and the battery gets hot. This feels (to a non-electronic engineer like me) like a short circuit somewhere. I have had the box and the plug for the ANR to bits but can't see anything obvious.

Before I send it to Adams and they suggest I buy a new ANR kit, I wondered if anyone had any experience of reasonable headset repairs I could try.

Any suggestions gratefully received, by PM if leaving details on here is felt to be advertising.:ok:

BRL
5th Jun 2007, 20:32
Try these. (http://www.headsetservices.com/products/repairs_info.html)

I think they are based at Shoreham Airport.

vancouv
6th Jun 2007, 06:41
I've used HSL and they were very helpful and efficient.

eyeinthesky
22nd Jun 2007, 19:06
Thank you for the pointer.

Just thought I should feed back the great service from HSL.

Headset back (repaired) within a week (including replacement gel ear seals and a microphone wind cover both free of charge). Very reasonable cost and a helpful person on the phone.

Much recommended.

bcfc
30th Jul 2008, 21:07
Resurecting this thread as I have a DC 10-13.4 set that has developed a mic fault. However, I thought I'd take the opportunity to try and upgrade it to ANR.

Any recommendations for someone who could do the upgrade and mend the mic.

Cheers
-bcfc

frontlefthamster
31st Jul 2008, 06:29
Try reading BRL's post above. :rolleyes:

HSL are one of the very few entirely professional organisations in the UK...

...and a pleasure to deal with. :)

sammypilot
27th Feb 2012, 10:33
Recently had a fault on my David Clark H10-60. Sent it to Headset Repairs Ltd for whom I previously had high regard. They cocked up the first repair for which I paid £59.00. They then wanted £160.00 to fix the faults they had missed first time round. Decided to send the headset back to David Clark's in New England. They totally refurbished the headset and returned it to me within a week and at minimal charge even though it was out of warranty. Probably the best customer service I have ever experienced for anything I have purchased.

mad_jock
27th Feb 2012, 10:37
must admit I am the same as sammy .

i used to think they were great.

My last couple of experences haven't been as pleasant.

Torque Tonight
27th Feb 2012, 10:52
Got to agree with Sammy unfortunately. I tried to use them last year. I dropped off my headset and had a chat with a very friendly and helpful chap from the workshop who agreed to do some very minor repairs for a very low price. I came back to collect a few weeks later to find that no work had been done, and that they now wanted several hundred pounds to completely overhaul the headset. I declined, citing the verbal agreement we had, which they now had no knowledge of. I was told that they would not return my headset to me unless I paid the £30 (plus VAT I think) inspection fee.

So having agreed to shorten the downlead by a couple of inches to remove some cracked insulation, for a few quid, I was hit with a choice paying for a full overhaul, surrendering my headset and leaving it with them, or paying £30 for nothing at all.

Not impressed.