PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Numpty Technophobe question!

Green Hat/Yellow Hat
4th Jun 2007, 18:22
How do you "Quote" someone and then have it come up in that nice blue box?

Sorry if it's blindingly obvious, hate these computer thingy's!!

Cheers boys, :}

Focks 2
4th Jun 2007, 18:40
To the right of the 'insert image' button theres a 'wrap quote tags around selected text' button. Copy and paste the text to be quoted in between the [ QUOTE ][ /QUOTE ].

i.e. [ QUOTE] quoted text here [ /QUOTE]. :ok:

ZH875
4th Jun 2007, 18:46
To the right of the 'insert image' button theres a 'wrap quote tags around selected text' button. Copy and paste the text to be quoted in between the [ QUOTE ][ /QUOTE ].

i.e. [ QUOTE] quoted text here [ /QUOTE]. :ok:

An even easier way:

In the post you wish to quote, click on the REPLY button.
When the page opens, look in the Internet Explorer address bar and REMOVE the following from the end of the line: &noquote=1
Press ENTER

The page will then refresh with the message in the required place, you can remove surplus text if required.

Green Hat/Yellow Hat
4th Jun 2007, 18:50
Sorry, I said I hate these things......

Where do I find the insert image button? :ugh:

Dave Angel
4th Jun 2007, 19:00
Sorry, I said I hate these things......

Where do I find the insert image button? :ugh:

The Wrap (quote) button is the last symbol on the right directly above the text box. Next to the insert picture button that looks like a picture of 2 mountains and the sun.

:ok:

AC Ovee
4th Jun 2007, 19:03
When you reply, you do so in message text box. Directly above that text box there are 2 rows of icons. Look at the lower row (ie immediately above your message box. The icon at the far right end looks like a comic bubble.

1. First find your quote from another message and highlight it and then copy.
2. Open up your reply message box
3. Click on the speach bubble and quote brackets will appear on both sides of the text cursor. Right click and hit paste. hey presto

Hope this helps

Green Hat/Yellow Hat
4th Jun 2007, 19:03
The Wrap (quote) button is the last symbol on the right directly above the text box. Next to the insert picture button that looks like a picture of 2 mountains and the sun.

:ok:

You mean like that!!! :8

I now feel technologically advanced, Yippee

Many Thanks

Dave Angel
4th Jun 2007, 19:06
You mean like that!!! :8

I now feel technologically advanced, Yippee

Many Thanks

Welcome to the future Dude.:D

hobie
4th Jun 2007, 19:07
An even easier way:

When the page opens, look in the Internet Explorer address bar and REMOVE the following from the end of the line: &noquote=1
Press ENTER

The page will then refresh with the message in the required place, you can remove surplus text if required.

I wonder if the guys and gals over in the " Computer/Internet Issues & Troubleshooting" forum know that .... :confused:

ps. joke .... honest :p

ZH875
4th Jun 2007, 19:23
If its the Guys and Gals in the computer section where I work, I seriously doubt it.

And I am not joking...HONEST.

On_The_Top_Bunk
4th Jun 2007, 22:17
Why has the quote button next to the reply button been removed?

That was the easiest way.

samuraimatt
4th Jun 2007, 22:39
Why has the quote button next to the reply button been removed?

I guess it was removed in order to stop people quoting other people.

That was the easiest way.

Very true, but doing it the way explained earlier isn't difficult.

spectre150
5th Jun 2007, 06:42

Sorry if it's blindingly obvious, hate these computer thingy's!!

Well thanks YHGH, I have always wondered but been too shy/cant be ar*sed to ask. Thanks to all the other posters for their useful replies.

Did I just say poster and useful in the same sentence :)

Wader2
5th Jun 2007, 08:37
An even easier way:

Press ENTER

Using less keystrokes, just change the 1 to a 0 and press ENTER :}

Green Hat/Yellow Hat
5th Jun 2007, 09:22
Using less keystrokes, just change the 1 to a 0 and press ENTER :}

Hey....It works!!! Gobsmacked.

I really should have worked harder at school, but then again, how do you guy's come up with stuff like that!!!

snapper41
5th Jun 2007, 13:06
I really should have worked harder at school, but then again, how do you guy's come up with stuff like that!!!
You really should have worked harder in the English lessons! Apostrophe not required for a plural:=

Wader2
5th Jun 2007, 13:29
You really should have worked harder in the English lessons! Apostrophe not required for a plural:=

Now he'll want to know how you made it bold.

samuraimatt
5th Jun 2007, 14:54
Ah well thats easy you highlight the word's you want in bold and then you press ctrl and B.:uhoh:

Hempy
6th Jun 2007, 05:09
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/h3mpy/bbcode.jpg

This pretty much covers most forums you visit, except some use XHTML which uses <> instead of [ ]

Green Hat/Yellow Hat
6th Jun 2007, 12:47
Now he'll want to know how you made it bold.

Worked hard enough at school to do that, and I've got 2 kids at home to supply sarcasm, thanks! :ok:

hobie
6th Jun 2007, 19:55
Worked hard enough at school to do that, and I've got 2 kids at home to supply sarcasm, thanks! :ok:

How many times did my mother tell me .... "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!" .... God love her ..... :p