PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair's Routes to Nimes Garons (LFTW)

FirmamentFX
4th Jun 2007, 00:09
Hi guys,

Just a quick question for anyone who knows about or flies the Ryanair 737 routes to Nimes-Garons [LFTW] (from Luton, East Mids, or Liverpool) which I fly as pax many many times every year...!

When approaching runway 36 to land (which is seemingly rare - normally it's 18), do you join the airfield circuit or are there published STARs (not sure as it is primarily a military airfield).

It's the only time I have ever seen a "large" civil jet fly what is seemingly the circuit... I'm sure it's common, I've just never seen it before :cool:

Cheers,

Martin

michaelknight
4th Jun 2007, 00:46
Only PAR approaches on 36, but FR don't use them, so it always a visual approach joining left down wind coming from the north. Normally its a STAR from Mende to the NG NDB, then breaking off with a radar vector to downwind or self positioning. It's also possible to do the Circling to land, ie flying the ILS 18 to circling minima and then circling for 36! But it's not normally required cause the cloud base is usually not a factor when 36 is in use, it's usually a howling wind!

MK

FirmamentFX
4th Jun 2007, 00:52
Thank you Michael! :)

The wind at Garons can certainly be intense... :cool:

M