PDA

View Full Version : Indigo SIC

shai2000
3rd Jun 2007, 02:28
Hi Guys .

If there's someone that going to simcenter on july 10 for the A-320 TR please send me pm .

Cheers :):):)

Eight Ball
3rd Jun 2007, 06:35
Hi,

I'm planning to go for the 10th of July A320 TR. Still waiting for FAA, TSA clearances and M-1 visa though.

Eight Ball

aibolit
3rd Jun 2007, 15:15
Hi! I am planing to go there but don't have enough info about IndiGO.

elfransa
3rd Jun 2007, 22:01
what does indigo have to do with simcenter?

BUSTRASH
3rd Jun 2007, 22:49
Im Going June 12 Class Date.

a320_richie
4th Jun 2007, 11:48
Didn't SimCenter, Miami, Fl have some contacts with Air Decan?? and not Indigo??

HAWK21M
4th Jun 2007, 14:57
What Airlines from India are associated with simcentre.
regds
MEL

g5sp
5th Jun 2007, 20:09
Hi Guys ,

I m planning to go to simcenter as well end of july probably.
Apparently they have a contract with Indigo Airlines in India and give a chance to First Officers with no time on type to get a commercial airline job after that .
Indigo looks like a good company , lots of good things are being said about them , and to be honest a year in india to get 1000 hrs doesn t sound have bad to get into a major airlines.
If you could give me some info about the real price though i d appreciate it, all i ve heard was that i had to pay 12500 USD and that was it , plus hotel and food of course ....
Is it still the same once u join or do they have some other surprised paiements ?
thanks in advance ....
g5sp

JUZ777
7th Jun 2007, 01:37
g5sp , seen an add on climbto350.com for non-rated A320 FO positions in India, catch was, willing to pay for own rating. No time on type and a job at the end. Applications were to SimCenter..! the price quoted was $12000 USD, i would assume that you would also have to cover living expenses while you were there.
Hope this sheds a little more light.
Cheers
JUZ

ARGREECE
7th Jun 2007, 07:08
fellow aviator,
im very much interested in working in india since it seems to be a booming market.do you have any idea about the total time they need (entry requirements) before you enter the program with simcenter?(i only have 270 tt).any info would be highly appreciated.thank you in advance.
all the best
A.K. Greece

Eight Ball
7th Jun 2007, 07:56
Ladies and Gentlemen

The minimum requirement is 1,000 hrs total time or 500 multi-time for us Expats

At these hours, SimCenter will require you to do the Jet Intro and Glass Cockpit Technology course on top of your type rating.

12,500 USD for TR and another 20,000 USD for the other two subjects.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :ugh: :{

8Ball

pfd99
7th Jun 2007, 08:53
The TR is only 5 four hour sim rides. 20 hours??Wow that's a quick TR.
Do airlines accept this. Or 32 hours if paired (16 +16) 8 sessions.

Airbus do 15 sessions and most airlines do the same or slightly less if no MFTD available.

pfd99

TheFlyingDJ
7th Jun 2007, 20:30
What about allready rated pilots?

CAE needs 100hrs A320 for expats to be eligable for selections as SIC.
Any other way to become an expat SIC?

Anonymus6
7th Jun 2007, 22:12
Theflying D

Just wanted to let you know that atlas Jet is hiring if you only have a Dry A320 TR. you need to have JAA. THEY NEED FO!!!

Good Luck

DeltaSix
7th Jun 2007, 22:38
Problem is, I have an ICAO and will be getting the FAA as well. --- NO JAA.

I was thinking about it but, geezzz..... 12 ATP subjects to complete again just to get JAA. My hair will start turning grey by the time I start the first.
This gives me the Sh*ts. Why can't the aviation community just have one standard. Currently we have ICAO, FAA, and JAA. So, it effectively disqualifies you to work in some other countries.

So what happens if I have an ICAO and FAA license with 2,000 hrs in an Airbus ?
Probable reply " I'm sorry sir, we need JAA license ". :confused:

Heaven help us if they start to even think of having different rulings on RVSM on different parts of the world. :eek: ETOPS already has it's specifics.

Airbatic7eca
7th Jun 2007, 22:57
Spoke to Simcenter today. It seems like a good program. I just dont know all the information and it makes me a little nervous that after the TR, you are not guaranteed a Job. If anyone has been through their programs before, it would be nice to hear what they have to say.

Anonymus6
8th Jun 2007, 00:21
Delta Six

Atlas jet will hire you if you have time on type. I belive it is 250 time on type and 1500tt. You will be based in Saudi Ariabia (i don't know where). The pay is dame good, much better than India.

If u want to convert your license to JAA, the best way is to get 3000 tt and 1500 pic in an aircraft greater than 30000 KG. You will be exempt from all 14 exams.

fullforward
8th Jun 2007, 00:44
Please enlighten on this JAA stuff: you get 14 matters exemption once you have the right experience?
What if, for instance, the pilot have more than 15K, including 11K PIC airline jet time, under ICAO licenses and certificates?:confused:

Anonymus6
8th Jun 2007, 01:38
Fullforward!

Do you have PIC (1500) time in an airplane that weight more than 30000kg you are golding. I'm not 100% sure if you will be exempted from all the subjects, but that is what I have heard from several flight schools that convert licenses. YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO FLY UK REGISTERED AIRCRAFT. I don't have that experience so once again I don't know for 100%. Please check JAA website regarding this issue. But I'm pretty sure.

:{
Regarding Sim Center let me tell you guys that Henry George is a bussines man and he has nothing against taking money from you. Such as paying glass cockpit transition or jet transition a bunch of other bull**** that you don't even need to do before going to Indigo. Dont get me wrong he is a very good man and helpful. If you have 1000tt, or 500 multi engie, get a type rating from simcenter and apply through Agencies or go to CAE.

Just be careful going to different Type Rating organisations they like your money.:=

PosClimb
8th Jun 2007, 03:30
" On the other hand, you can get A320 + 100hrs at about $33,000."

AirJay, were can you get that?

Edit: What a royally fracked industry this is....

Anonymus6
8th Jun 2007, 04:16
Pos Climb

I have seen several posts that you have posted in pprune!! And u sure like to pay money for your job!! Let me tell u that it doesn't work like this. If u really have money why don't u come and cut my grass at my yard for 15000 US dollars and I get u a job. I'm serious, I'm not a recruiter, but I have connetion overseas (Africa).

davidjurgens
8th Jun 2007, 04:22
Hey I am going in July..do you wanna do the course together?Lets save money!:)email me..david.j.jurgens@gmail

TheFlyingDJ
8th Jun 2007, 06:45
Anonymous6, thanks. I was allready aware of that but thanks anyway for telling it here in the forum.

I was just wondering about Indigo too since I think that this is a great oppertunity to start with.

TFD

PosClimb
8th Jun 2007, 08:00
AirJae... there are a million different type rating providers and believe me I've researched them all.

Regarding the hour building portion, job portion, none of them will give me a straight answer... Answers I've got have all been evasive and vague.

I appreciate a lot of it is out of their control, but at the same time I think they're using it as a "Carrot" just to sign you up.

I like making money, not throwing it down the toilet.

A lot of guys have lost money in the past on these "buy-a-job" schemes, so it's important that people considering this program not be wearing their aviation "beer goggles" when looking at their merits.

Why can't Indigo bond people or at least pre-screen them before they go in for the type rating?

Eight Ball
8th Jun 2007, 09:53
PosClimb to answer your question on " Why can't Indigo bond people or at least pre-screen them before they go in for the type rating? "

1.) They know that no one is really "that good". Where they disqualify you is when you do your upgrade to FO. If you don't pass that then you're out. No use testing you now if you don't pass the line check.

2.) Remember, you paid for your own type rating. Only airlines paying for your rating would do this pre-selection screening to make sure they are not wasting their money on your training. If you don't make it then it's your money down the drain. They hired you just to fill the requirement.

3.) If you paid for your own TR and YOU PASS the type check, then that qualifies you and you have everyright to be hired.

Not everybody who goes through TR will pass. It depends on one's ability, experience and training. It has a very high mortality rating.
I've even heard of an airline ( not mentioning names) sending a batch of their new hires to these TRs and the WHOLE BATCH FAILING.

The airline had to hire a TRI to re-train them again just because they have already invested their money to these supposed junior FOs.
Of course, most of it is a reflection of the quality of instruction and instructors. This shows that a pre-selection is ineffective on how one will perform in the future.

8BAll

p.s. hi there deltasix - howz the B777 TR ? sick of A330s yet ?

BUSTRASH
8th Jun 2007, 12:54
CAE charges 24,000 USD but no jet introduction bull****. Unless your a complete idiot you will pass their On the Job training. Even if you dont after 300 hours on type your golden to go to any other gig.
Good Luck

MatchaLover
8th Jun 2007, 15:27
I am looking for a training partner starting around June 20-25 for PremAir in Seattle. Sim will be in PHX or MSP.

Like everyone else I have plans to go to IndiGO. PM me.

DeltaSix
8th Jun 2007, 17:01
Anonymus6 - yes but JAA license is a requirement.

Where did you see that 3,000 hr requirement for exemption to JAA exams to convert ?

Eight Ball
8th Jun 2007, 17:24
Hi pfd99,

The structure is in the website. If memory serves me right, it is:

68 hrs Ground School

25 hrs - FBS ( Fixed Base Simulator )

19 hrs - FFS ( Full Flight Simulator ) --- now, I think this is 19 left and 19 right ( total 38 hrs ) -- or I could be mistaken.

But I agree, well short of the usual Airbus training.

8 Ball

BUSTRASH
8th Jun 2007, 17:44
No JAA Requirment for Indigo. Just a Valid license and type plus common sense.
Experience would help also.

PosClimb
9th Jun 2007, 02:17
Since now that it's out in the public what Indigo is doing, I wonder if there's going to be room for them to hire every typed A320 guy who applies.

Seems like this program is generating a lot of interest, and a lot of people are rolling the dice and buying a type rating with nothing guaranteed at the end.

BUSTRASH
9th Jun 2007, 02:50
If you have flight time and prior jet experience your not rolling the dice. if you have 1000 total time 500 multi maybe. One piece of advice you cannot be selfish when it come to sharing job info. what comes around goes around.

Anonymus6
9th Jun 2007, 03:41
Just wanted to let you guys know that, IndiGo is not the only airline in India that have started something called Second Officer. Jetairways, Kingfisher, paramount and several others have started a scheme called SO program and after 300 tt on type you will be a FO.

There is a big shortage in India as you guys know and the demand keep growing, Just keep applying to various agencies or airlines.

And one more thing take advantage of these oppurtunites. It is a major flight instructor shortage around the world and several Indian students are sitting on the ground at flight schools and not flying.:E

Eight Ball
9th Jun 2007, 08:21
That's good news Anonymus6 - well done. I knew it will eventually come to this.

Just a bit more info, some of these airlines fly the B738 so take your pick.
If everybody is crowding to get the A320 TR then there will definitely be a shortage of B738 pilots down the track.

Hey, I even got an offer to fly the B734 in another asian country but declined it due to pay. They were offering free B734 TR. Pay is $1,000 US/mo. if you can survive it. Sure job though but you have to be a citizen of that country.

PosClimb
9th Jun 2007, 19:19
If there is such a "shortage" in India, why don't the Indian carriers pay for the type rating?

To me it strikes me as rather absurd that you can have companies complaining about not being able to find workers when they expect their workers to pay for legitimate company expenses.

Oh, well, such is aviation :p Love it or leave it.

That rant aside, what is the expected "shelf life" of expat FO's in India?

I imagine that the second you can be replaced with a local, you will be.

How many Indians are doing CPL training right now? I guess knowing that would give you an idea of your shelf life over there.

Eight Ball
10th Jun 2007, 01:09
PosClimb - to answer your question about shelf life ( it sounds like we're a supermarket product ) -- I guess not long if the Indian airlines will start paying for their citizen's type rating. It might happen eventually but who knows when. Just focus on what you are there for and let the future sort itself out. You only need around 500 hrs to be marketable all over the world- remember that. But I'm sure that if you do well, they'll consider renewing your contract for 2-3 more years.

Remember, nothing is permanent, except the word CHANGE. Nuff said.

8 Ball

BUSTRASH
10th Jun 2007, 03:37
Who would want to stay in India more than 3 years anyway. Getyour time and leave and stop being so negative. you sound canadian

PosClimb
10th Jun 2007, 08:19
" you sound canadian"

Now that was a low blow.... :bored:

Eight Ball
10th Jun 2007, 23:09
BUSTRASH - Give PosClimb a break. He is justifiably inquisitive and wary of these things because the aviation industry is full of traps and heartbreak.

Lets have none of that being racially specific in our comments. You might get branded a racist. You don't want to make enemies just because you misunderstood him.

Okay - to all those going for the 10th of July type rating -- see you all there !!!

Goodluck to everyone

8 Ball

PosClimb
11th Jun 2007, 01:21
Thanks 8-Ball,

There are a lot of crooks and liars in aviation I've learned who will gladly take your money... some of the flying schools - type rating providers are no exception so you really need to be sharp.

Good point about not 'dissing the Canadians. You can never be too careful with them. All those years being subservient to the United States, and they just may attack you in the middle of the night with their machetes...

BUSTRASH
11th Jun 2007, 06:20
I appologize it was a joke. I do like the Canadians very much. My point is lets not be so negative.

Eight Ball
11th Jun 2007, 12:54
You're okay Bustrash -- :ok:.... instant comprehension - you can be my wingman anytime.:}

Guys just an advise, see if you can get an A320 or A330 add-on to your flight sim software and read on the flight manuals and familiarize yourself with the Airbus systems and instruments. What SimCenter has allocated us in terms of the sim hours are not enough. Some may find it very difficult.

Another thing, review on your ATPL subjects if you have already done them.

PosClimb- I understand what you mean, and I don't really blame you if you're sceptical - people have been burned because of these people who promises the world but don't deliver. But it's a healthy scepticism - nothing wrong with it.

Goodluck to all
8 Ball

shai2000
12th Jun 2007, 13:50
Did someone really check if simcenter and Indigo have an agreement ?
I mean ,can someone confirm that he called\e-mail Indigo and got an answer ....
Guys ,we are talking here on lots of money ...
keep it real (and don't let it goes wrong :ugh:)
shai2000

g5sp
12th Jun 2007, 15:24
I did the research and i have a friend working as a Captain for indigo, the whole training / placement program with Simcenter is not bullet proof , all they want u guys to do is go to miami and do the Airbus Type Rating A 320 there is no contract between Indigo and Simcenter , nothing at all .
Indigo just do there pick between a few training facilities and simcenter is one of them that s all . Mr Henri Georges might be a nice guy but he works for simcenter, he is a salesman nothing else. Now there is a huge demand of pilot in Asia right now but let s get real , if u don t meet 1000 TT and 500 Multi the DGCA will never clear you and there is quite a lot of pilot with way more flight time struggling for jobs and doing the same training as everyone is talking about .
AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS , nothing is full proof , there is no contract , no agreement , i don t care what simcenter says.
Best of luck to everyone ,
Flysafe.
g5sp

davidjurgens
13th Jun 2007, 03:01
dude!
I know you want to go get your type. I talked to henry gorge(?) and asked him what the prices were. By yourself, 12000, with a partner 10,400. So I am trying to find a partner. Do you want to go together for the July 10th class? Let me know ..email me [email protected]:D

Eight Ball
13th Jun 2007, 08:32
Sorry David Jurgens - I already have a partner. I know someone who is doing it in August.

By the way, someone has confirmed with Indigo and they will still hire SO even if you do the course in August. Also, it doesn't matter to them where you do your type rating - as long as you can pass the line check.

Anonymus6
13th Jun 2007, 20:00
Sorry to sound so negative!

just recieved some information from a good source that jetairways in India has put hold (or maybe stop) their FO program with randhem aviation. Rhandom provides First Officers (captains) for Jet Airways. It seems that the last DGCA exams a lot of young pilots (close to 1000) mostly FO passed their exams, so for now the airlines have first officers. But short on Captains.

You guys might go get a type but be on hold!!!

Just be careful!!

Good Luck with all!

n8pilot
13th Jun 2007, 22:32
Thought I would add some info. I did my course with Simcenter. I am heading to Indigo soon through ICPilot.com, which recieved my resume from Simcenter. I also had my resume looked at from Indigo with CAE.

As long as you study the manuals, flows, and limitations, and know your regs. you will do fine. Having crew experience will help. That took awhile for me as I use to being captain - single pilot in 1900s. But a day or two I got use to it.

I would recommend Simcenter, I had a blast with pretty much all the instructors. I might run into a few of you as I am planning on doing my recurrent with them.

One last thing, I believe Simcenter is one the few schools that doesn't take your money and hide. I have always been able to get a hold of someone to answer my questions.

And I forget. I know the 1000TT 500ME and is strict. Not sure how the program is going to work for low time guys. So see you in MIA or Bangalore.

PS Some people have asked for the course material, which is all on CD.DVD so I cant email copies and need to hang on to my copies for study. And I don't have a burner on my comp., but other guys might be able to burn copies. And simcenter fedexs the package pretty fast.

Panther06
13th Jun 2007, 22:57
Actually, you aren't exempt from the 14 written exams. I am currently studying for Human Performance and Aviation Law. I have 21000 hours and fly for a major U.S. carrier. With these two written exams passed and a check ride you qualify for a limited JAA ATPL to fly UK registered aircraft only. To have an unrestricted JAA you have to pass all 14 written exams, as well as a check ride.

Eight Ball
15th Jun 2007, 10:49
Sorry to be the bearer of BAD NEWS but I have received an email from ICP this afternoon and apparently Indigo has stopped the hiring of SO's as well. No solid reason was given by ICP except "might be a temporary" bull.

So, no go for the type rating for me. Anyone else got this bad news ? :{

skytrek21
15th Jun 2007, 14:56
Yeah I heard about the bad news too....Indigo is really short on TRE's and TRI's, therefore they are having a hard time getting the SO's upto the 300hr time on type. I am thinking this is temp too as they are getting at least 5 more airplanes this year and they definitely need more pilots. Let's hope for the best guys and let's see what happens.

Sky

Airbatic7eca
15th Jun 2007, 18:54
Have you confirmed this info with Simcenter? (Just me wondering)

Are you guys going to just cancel your TR for the July 10th Class? If so, July 10th class will be empty, I was under the impression that everyone in there was going for the Indigo gig.

Better to find out now, that after having the TR.

Eight Ball
16th Jun 2007, 04:14
Empty classrooms (SimCenter) vs Empty pockets ( mine)

Better them than me. Looks like I will have to take the B737 position in Asia.

I've heard ( from someone who came from another airline ) they had a lot of FO expats with time on A320 take up the offer. Maybe the shortage of Captains, TRIs and TREs might also have contributed largely to the issue.

Gentlemen and ladies (if there is one) .... the stakes in the game has just skyrocketed. For those who will lose nothing I suggest to still go for it but to the ones who will be financially and severely affected, find another airline - quickly !!! Let me know too....:E

8Ball

Airbatic7eca
16th Jun 2007, 11:35
Interesting, this whole Simcenter program lasted a total of 3 weeks (Rough Calculation).

For anyone that doesnt read this forum and was signed up for the class, I hope they do tell them before the class date.

Does anyone know if you can still pay for the 300 Hours of line training? Is that still an option? This is still advertised on the Simcenter website.

Panther06
16th Jun 2007, 12:05
In order to fly UK registered aircraft you have to complete Human Performance and Aviation Law. This gives you a limited ATPL for UK registered aircraft only. I am currently studying for these two written exams. I have 21000 hours and ratings in A330/A320/B737/B727 several turbopprops and helos. I am a major U.S. airline A320 Captain retiring in October due age 60. In order to have an unlimited JAA ATPL (A) you have to complete remaining 12 written exams within 18 months of taking the first written.

DeltaSix
16th Jun 2007, 21:18
Hi there Panther06,

Thanks for the info. I am now seriously considering taking up the limited ATPL.

Don't you need some UK ancestry to work there if you do get the limited version ? The reason being someone mentioned to me before that you need to be at least a 2nd generation English, Scottish or Irish.

Otherwise HK or Middle East would be the alternative.

D6

Eight Ball
17th Jun 2007, 08:12
Airbatic7eca,

Yes they still have the FO hour building program but it's on the B727.
Not unless you are aiming for the 727 then you should be asking for the A320.

Eight Ball
18th Jun 2007, 04:49
I don't know about you guys but speaking for myself - I'm pulling the ejection handle on this one. It's too risky. I am all for risk but it has to be a calculated risk, like Indigo will hire SO on the premise of getting a type rating risking not being employed if I don't pass the TR, interview and no time on type. But it has now gone beyond what I expect to be a "reasonable" risk. NO JOB AT THE END OF IT. I don't care what Maya says that it might be just "temporary" - I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, take into account the waiting period for the security clearance once this situation of "no hiring" has been lifted then the waiting period again of converting your license to Indian doing exams, medical and others. It's a long wait without pay gentlemen.

Find yourself a new job first then take leave to do the TR. At least you have some income while waiting.

As for me -- I'm cancelling my enrollment.

Goodluck everyone

8BAll

Panther06
18th Jun 2007, 13:36
DeltaSix,

You got me on the ancestry part.Don't know about that. According to some of the FAA to JAA schools I have contacted jobs in the UK are possible with only the two written exams (I think you must pass a JAA check ride during your initial training). I am using study material from Bristol Ground School.

mystere
3rd Jul 2007, 11:20
Listen Guys,

Having done an A320 type rating with Simcenter i have gained employment with indigo and yes this was arranged partly by simcenter. However prior to indigo, sim center did have an arrangement with air deccan...it was a nasty deal, basically having to pay ludicrous amount of dosh for the privelige. With the emergence of several other airlines in india who are willing to pay a decent salary, this better signal the end of airlines exploiting pilots chasing the dream!!

So basically for all you boys and girls with the idea of going to india here is the low down....you need atleast 1000TT, A320 type rating which is current, have to go through the mickey mouse international clearence which takes around 2-3 months.

Hope this helps

skytrek21
4th Jul 2007, 20:50
Mystere...how's it working for Indigo....did you get hired as a Junior First officer or did you already have time on type. What's the first thing you do after you arrive in Delhi, how's the scheduling and flying ....can you give me some idea....I am waiting on my security clearance to come through

shai2000
5th Jul 2007, 02:35
Hi Mystere .
I'm doing the A-320 TR with simcenter on aug 7th .
It's true that in India you don't need more than type rating to be accepted ?
When did you start working for Indigo ?
shai 2000

freightpuppy
5th Jul 2007, 03:54
Hi guys I am curious about the process with Indigo myself. What is involved if you have a TR and how long does the sec/ clearance take and what is involved.Do you get paid once when youre in India ? and also is there a training bond if you upgrade?

skydog1
9th Jul 2007, 16:54
Has anyone heard of anyone actually getting a second officer contract with Indigo? Or of anyone actually recieving DGCA approval for Indigo's second officer program?

Thanx, skydog

Rahul B737
13th Nov 2007, 16:54
Hi there,
u said u are going to simcentre.
are you an Indian citizen or an expat?
I will be acquiring dual citizenship, can I apply to for the Indigo programme as a Indian citizen?

BUSTRASH
13th Nov 2007, 17:14
Do your self a favor and for once dont believe Simcenter and the Indigo story. Its all a lie. if you go to simcenter you will get a type but have to find your own job.

Rahul B737
13th Nov 2007, 17:21
Does any airline in india hire expat pilots with only a Type Rating either.

flying_monkey99
6th Dec 2007, 09:52
don't think so! need atleast 100 hrs on type for expat FO's is what i last heard..

viking320
8th Dec 2007, 22:08
Indigo /CAE program is this going on has anyone have done this program and started with indigo
when is the next intake if so where do you find all these info
can some one give info on this

Hardeep
14th Jan 2008, 18:11
Attn ALL Pilots wanting to go to INDIA:

I have been to India on several occasions in search of a job since 2003. My last visit I went to ALL airlines and met with HR and Chief Pilots. I took my resume and added an A320/B737 Type Rating (depending on which airline i was going to) just to see what they would say.

Here's what happened:

SpiceJet - Dont bother. They are full of lies. They told me to get my B737 type rating and they would hire me. 6 months later I went back and wrote B737 Type Rating on my resume, they said "oh, we'll let you know". I'm still waiting for the call. Repeated attemps to call them have not worked.

IndiGo - For all you wanting to join IndiGo, CAREFUL! They were so rude to me in Delhi. THEY LACK CHECK AIRMEN! (INSTRUCTOR CAPTAINS) So it may be up to 6 months before you can actually fly the actual aircraft. By then your type will be invalid! Someone in IndiGo seems to be profiting off of SimCentre. I smell corruption! Ask SimCentre if IndiGo has sufficent Check Airmen. Im sure they will avoid the question.

KingFisher - Same as SpiceJet. Waiting for the call.

Jet Airways - Very nice people. But they want 100 hours time in type due to past bad experiences. Nice job guys, it only takes 1 idiot to ruin it for us all.

Air India - Very nice people. If you can get past security in Santa Cruz. Same as Jet. They want 100 hours time in type.

GoAir - Also very nice people. They WILL hire you! This is the only airline I actually felt I had a chance with.

Just so you know. I have over 2500 Hours with 2000+ Multi and near 2000 JET! If they brushed me off, imagine a 250 hour pilot!

Don't mean to discourage anyone. Im just telling you my experience. If you have an inside connection. Im sure you'll be ok.

In conclusion - India is lacking CAPTAINS not FIRST OFFICERS !!!

GOOD LUCK TOO ALL!!!

getsetgo
27th Jan 2008, 14:56
its basicaly after yot put your money in operators a/c you are on training.
when training starts even operator does not know.:}
so you hang on operators promises for long ,and fed up, operator will give you tkts to go to frankfurt .....etc for sim,
tkt ,airline, nothing exists.
so answer will be bcz its raining in gatwick ....... sim centre is closed.
can you wait for 2 years after paying money to sim a/c?
can you revalidate your licence from your a/c?:hmm:
please get back to the basics:ok:
not promises:=

airvigator
26th Mar 2008, 15:37
AnyIndigo trainee;s going t simcentre for the april'24th /2008 batch ?

BUSTRASH
26th Mar 2008, 16:33
Are you kidding me. Im surprised george henry and Indigo keep suckering guys into throwing away 12500 for a job that doesnt exist.

vinayak
26th Mar 2008, 18:48
Noone is going to Simcenter, what makes you say they are?

everyone is going to CAE, Madrid.

airvigator
9th Apr 2008, 09:20
What makes me say they are, get ur facts right buddy. Most airlines including kingfisher /Indigo are giving students a choice between TR at simcenter or CAE. A big chunk leaves for simcenter over the next 2 months. What world are you in.? And an LOI clearly states appointment as trainee copilot in the airline on succesful completion of type rating.

apachelongbow
9th Apr 2008, 12:11
/*
What makes me say they are, get ur facts right buddy. Most airlines including kingfisher /Indigo are giving students a choice between TR at simcenter or CAE. A big chunk leaves for simcenter over the next 2 months. What world are you in.? And an LOI clearly states appointment as trainee copilot in the airline on succesful completion of type rating.*/

A LOI (Letter of Intent) is nothing. If you are getting a LOA (letter of appointment/offer letter) then go for this with your eyes closed.

A company can straight away dis regard any LOI, stating that there was an intent of a job but due to present circumstances, there is no job opening .. blah blah... end point, a LOI does not legally protect your intented job.

iamanaussiemavrick
9th Apr 2008, 16:50
Is indigo really short of pilots?

I recently was selected through there CAE-Indigo selections. They are now putting in training with CAE, madrid only.

They told me that after completing the training in madrid it takes another 4-6 months to get online. Is it true?

shuchim
10th Apr 2008, 01:49
hi guys can u pls tell is it good to join cadet pilot for indigo ?pls reply

casper63
13th Apr 2008, 06:58
If you have an Indian CPL and are without a job, at this stage any job opening is good. Get into a cockpit first, log some time and then think about your future prospects. Also don't waste your time thinking, there are 12,000 yes twelve thousand guys in the pipeline, you may just miss the bus. Wishing you all a long and happy flying career!