PDA

View Full Version : Unable to send emails...........

BRL
2nd Jun 2007, 19:07
Hi all. Can't send emails but can recieve them. (Outlook Express, Win XP)

All the settings are ok as far as I can see.

When I click on send in OE it always asks me for my password. If I log on to my isp's website and do it that way it works no problem. It is just Outlook Express, it keeps asking me my password. I have even logged on and changed it but it still won't send.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on.......? :confused:

Cheers.

vapilot2004
2nd Jun 2007, 21:38
Sometimes when there has been an outgoing message problem, OE will continue to not send messages that are in the outbox even when all is kosher.

Move all messages in the OE outbox to another folder.
Create a new message and try sending again.
If you cannot see the folder list, click the Inbox icon at the upper left of OE's workspace.

Still no joy:
To eliminate OE account errors, I would go to the email accounts in OE (Tools > Accounts > Mail Tab) and re-create from scratch a copy of your email account & settings. Use the known settings from the ISP web-based email login and avoid copying directly from the uncooperative OE account.

Hope this is of some use, BRL. Cheers.

Good Luck!

Saab Dastard
2nd Jun 2007, 22:05
BRL,

I sometimes have a similar problem, although it's with both send & receive.

It is always a problem with the ISP's mail server (running an MS Exchange Cluster). Mostly I can still access webmail when it occurs.

I'm with Telewest blueyonder / NTL / Virgin Meeja, btw. The email service has been the one fly in the otherwise smooth ointment!

SD

Brewster Buffalo
3rd Jun 2007, 19:23
BRL

Welcome to the club... I'm on Orange and have the problem on or off. Changing the SMTP sometimes helps.. See orangeproblems web site for more

BB

BRL
3rd Jun 2007, 23:04
Thanks guys, it seems ok now. I have no idea how it got going again, I went into accounts and clicked a few checkboxes and retried a few times. After about the fourth time of clicking and unclicking and trying again, it worked, but as I say I have no idea how!!