PDA

View Full Version : The World's Costliest Airline

kenfrost
2nd Jun 2007, 08:46
Can anyone from BA please explain to me the following outrageous pricing differential re Iberia/BA?

Thanks.

Here's a little conundrum for you.

What's the difference between the following?

A business class return air ticket for two people (Gatwick to Barcelona), flight to be taken in July, purchased via Iberia.

A business class return air ticket for two people (Gatwick to Barcelona), flight to be taken in July, purchased via BA.

In terms of the departure times, airport terminals, lounge facilities and airline operating the aircraft...no difference whatsoever.

The flights are operated by BA.

However, here's the rub.

The price of the two return tickets, if purchased via Iberia will set you back £455.80.

The price of the two return tickets (for the identical flight), if purchased via BA will set you back a stonking £1165.80 (256% of the Iberia price).

Don't believe me? Try it for yourselves via their websites!

Could BA please explain this differential?

Oh, and by the way, BA own 10% of Iberia.

Source

http://loanbuster.*************/2007/06/worlds-costliest-airline.html

Avman
2nd Jun 2007, 10:31
Maybe IBERIA have a fixed allocation of seats on each BA flight and they've more unsold seats at present than BA on the flights you want. Strange really, because generally I find IBE more expensive than anyone else whenever I want to travel to Spain (not from UK I hasten to add). I often see the same sort of thing on Brussels Airlines/British Airways flights.

Last year, booking some two months in advance, IBE wanted 1500 Euros for an ECONOMY round trip from DUS to MAD and for the same dates LTU asked for 228 Euros in their BUSINESS CLASS! Guess who I flew with. It's called shopping around as we do for most other products too.

Tropicalchief
3rd Jun 2007, 11:03
Qantas Airways hands down everytime. It does not matter where you want to fly, if Qantas operates on that route they will always be the most costly, in any class of service. The strange thing is that Qantas has the most inferior inflight product of any of the legacy airlines. Recent criticism had management out in force defending the airlines reputation given the low opinion of Qantas held by the Australian travelling public and citing its standing with Skytrax. My question is how much their rating with Skytrax cost them?