PDA

View Full Version : Old TV programe

Agusta
1st Jun 2007, 13:24
As a child in the late 60’s early 70’s I remember a B&W TV programme with Mirage fighters; anyone know what it was called?

primreamer
1st Jun 2007, 13:32
I think it was called "The Aeronauts". Was produced in France and had English dialogue over-dubbed when shown here. Seem to remember it was a regular on Saturday mornings and during school holidays.

MrCranfield
1st Jun 2007, 23:13
The old tv programme featuring the mirages was called Aeronauts and set at a french AB some were in the south of the country

EGAC
2nd Jun 2007, 13:57
The pilots were Michel Tanguy and Ernest Laverdure.

Their Mirage 3s were based at Dijon but they got into scrapes in various places including the aircraft carrier Foch.

More info at the bottom of this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Chevaliers_du_ciel

Chris_G
2nd Jun 2007, 15:18
Now there is a blast from the past :).

Double Zero
3rd Jun 2007, 23:37
I seem to remember just about every week there was an emergency requiring a Mirage to go into a barrier net - ( must have been their best bit of stock footage ) very much like the Jacques Cousteau films,

" Zuddenly, Phillipe wass in graaave daaanger..."

About the same time as Robinson Crusoe - nothing much happened in that either, but it did have a memorable theme tune.

What a pity we can't make a modern version of Captain Pugwash, with all the urban myths included - any backers ?!

Yours,

Seaman Staines.

Chilli Monster
4th Jun 2007, 00:02
Available on DVD, unfortunately only in the original French - so if your language skills are up to it...........! Amazon France or FNAC are your best bet.

It was semi remade as a feature film 18 months ago (different characters, but the idea's the same) under the same name - Les Chevaliers du Ciel.

I've got both (I remember the original from my childhood too) and really enjoyed it second time around :)

Flap Track 6
4th Jun 2007, 14:25
There was even an 'Aeronauts' annual published in cartoon format.
I had one for Christmas one year, would have been mid seventies.