PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair website

Haitch
1st Jun 2007, 08:15
Was wondering if anyone else is having difficulties accessing www.ryanair.co.uk ?

I have been trying to book some tickets for 2 days now but I keep getting the same message

"Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.
The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem."

Is this a problem with my PC or a global issue with Ryanair ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Saab Dastard
1st Jun 2007, 09:39
I have no problem with the ryanair main page - not tried to go further.

Are you having problems with other pages?

It could be your PC or your ISP.

SD

Haitch
1st Jun 2007, 09:44
I am having no other difficulties with other web addresses... just RyanAir. The main page does not load only shows an error message as quoted above :(

Not a bother - will use another PC and try again...

Cheers anyway.

H

slim_slag
1st Jun 2007, 09:49
Try

ipconfig /flushdns

at command prompt

Selfloading
1st Jun 2007, 18:19
Do you still have the same problem if you try .com instead of .co.uk ?

almost legal
1st Jun 2007, 19:04
Am having the same problem ( with .co.uk and .com ) My broadband supplier is Orange with Bullguard antivirus.

Haitch
1st Jun 2007, 19:58
Still not loading :ugh: - almost legal, I'm glad I am not the only one - sorry !

Wonder if Ryanair are down on ticket sales today...

hobie
1st Jun 2007, 20:22
Working fine for me .......

ps. there is 20.00 pounds off all return flights/all fares .... :eek:

that's what it says ..... :)

maltesedog
2nd Jun 2007, 06:38
Something is fishy with the RYANAIR website. They are surely losing sales unless they do something.

The problem, PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED is showing on all the servers in Maltese Islands and therefore it is not server specific, though on some servers in the UK the website is working.

It also relates specifically to www.ryanair.com (http://www.ryanair.com) . Any ideas on what can be done?:ugh:

The website is not loading on all MALTESE servers for the past two days though working on some UK servers. Something is surely wrong with the RYANAIR website and unless something is done about it, ryanair's gonna lose some sales so..

Its true, the ryanair website is down on a number of servers, I do not know the reason .

I need to book a particular flight, what shall I do? Shall I have to fall at the mercy of Air Malta prices? :8

Selfloading
2nd Jun 2007, 16:21
Very strange I have had no problems at all, what happens if you put this in the address bar

It should take you to ryanair's site.

maltesedog
2nd Jun 2007, 18:53
No the link does not work..I'm directed to the google search

I have traced the following comments on other forums:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/3435844

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/messagepost.cfm?postaction=reply&catid=25&threadid=1388162&messid=12192538&STARTPAGE=1&parentid=0&from=1&upd=y&CFID=7206968&CFTOKEN=8175e26538c26514-ECCF59E4-073E-1DFE-AE849EDAC07D678C&jsessionid=7830ca035a15271d3c7a

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

cwlcwl
2nd Jun 2007, 23:53
Are you using Orange broadband by any chance? I've also had this problem and called Orange - The lady at the other end of the phone said that orange are aware of a fault with their network which is causing the ryanair website to be blocked.

maltesedog
3rd Jun 2007, 06:07
No I do not use Orange internet, but a local ONVOL internet service (www.onvol.net (http://www.onvol.net)), one of the leading ISP's in Malta.

Haitch
4th Jun 2007, 08:26
For the record - still not loading... :ugh:

Must be approaching a week now. Forced to fly with easyJet instead.

WasNaeMe
4th Jun 2007, 08:55
Clicking on the link in Post #1 takes me here:

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/

Works fine........ & still £20 off all flights

Saab Dastard
4th Jun 2007, 12:23
What happens if you ping www.ryanair.com?

What happens if you put http://62.73.129.180 in your browser?

SD

Haitch
4th Jun 2007, 13:11
Same response to both mate

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.
The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

eticket
4th Jun 2007, 16:50
Me: Freeserve/Orange broadband

Me: RyanAir website = not found

Me: following all the other numerical suggestions in both IE and in Firefox = nothing (An alert comes up saying that www.ryanair.com could not be found). I have guessed at addresees for RyanAir in Germany and Italy and the samething happens. Just an alert for www.ryanair.com not being found.

homealone
4th Jun 2007, 17:23
Can't get the website either. Trying from Denmark for 2 days now.
Needed to book 400 seats! Just have to use another carrier!!
This will be costing them a few pennies.

gaspy
4th Jun 2007, 17:45
I just wanted to be known that I have not been able to reach the Ryanair website since thursday. I live in northern Italy near Milan, and I have tried from various computers and locations but to no avail. At the office I've got Adsl with 56 k guaranteed bandwidth, but this has meant no difference. The website is always not accessible.

balibalodansonberso
4th Jun 2007, 18:18
Hello, experience the same through 3 days from .it .com .uk.co It looks that only the booking page works from time to time (but today it didnt :( ) :
www.bookryanair.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi (http://www.bookryanair.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi)

I hope they buy a new server :D

I am from Luxemburg using a research (fast) network...
No page available .com .it .uk.co ...
only the booking one worked on saturday from time to time but experience problems from Friday.
www.bookryanair.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

Selfloading
4th Jun 2007, 20:24
Weird I have had no problems, It must be costing Ryanair a fortune, anyone tried using a proxy?

Saab Dastard
4th Jun 2007, 20:55
It is somewhat curious that in the last 5 minutes I obtained 3 different IP addresses for "www.ryanair.com"

62.73.129.180 - SunGard - DR provider in UK
62.134.190.240 - BT / DE-Ryanair Dublin Airport
193.95.148.90 - eSat Dublin - Ryanair

No wonder the internet is somwhat confused at the moment!

SD

Irish Steve
5th Jun 2007, 00:48
Ryanair is unreachable through my ISP, I can tracert to their site, but it's not responding at all.

Kinda frustrating, as I need to check some details for a flight next weekend.

Whatever it is, they are in no hurry to sort it.

Times like this is when they may regret not having published E-mails to contact them!

green granite
5th Jun 2007, 07:07
It's fine for me using BT here in the UK

Perhaps they have pi$$ed of an ISP techie who's blocked them on his system http://209.85.48.8/html/emoticons/unsure.gif:O

balibalodansonberso
5th Jun 2007, 08:33
ryanair.it works today :)
let's buy max ! :)

cassie1
5th Jun 2007, 15:39
Have been trying for three days now and keep getting error messanges, i finally rang and actually been ringing them ever since , to be told that yes there are problems and that they should be alright soon, on another occassion i rang because my husband got through to ryanair on the net 35 miles away, and i couldnt , to be told that there are problems!!!!
then the final call was when they said they didnt know when it would be up and running again.

Jeez just when i needed it the most as well

cassie1
5th Jun 2007, 15:41
yeah tried that and no still dont work

cassie1
5th Jun 2007, 15:51
I am also with orange and cannot get on the ryanair website mmmmmm something really fishy going on. two of my mates are not with orange and they can get it.
Maybe ryanair did pee someone off in isp lol

How long is this going to go for!!!!!!
i may have to resort to another airline.your loss ryanair

Irish Steve
5th Jun 2007, 15:51
I use at least 3 different ISP's depending on the site that I'm at, and at present, Ryanair was up on one of them, and is down on the other 2.

Speaking to tech support at the ISP here, they are telling me that the (strong) rumour on the web grapevine is that Ryanair are in the middle of a server migration, and it seems that the process has gone badly wrong, and that DNS addresses are getting badly confused and screwed up all over the place.

There's no indication from the Internet rumour mill as to how long this is likely to continue.

cassie1
5th Jun 2007, 19:13
hoooray!!!!! 8.00pm and thought i would just try it and hey presto..... hope is back for good now..
good luck all

almost legal
5th Jun 2007, 21:44
yes, now up and running using Orange broadband

Saab Dastard
5th Jun 2007, 22:40
I think we are done here now folks!

All over now, nothing to see, pass along now please, have you no homes to go to?

SD