PDA

View Full Version : CPL(H)

miket_68
31st May 2007, 23:04
HI.

Near to completing my PPL(H) and seriously thinking about taking the training further.

CPL - FI - IR.

But before I get ahead of myself, which ground exams do I need to pass before starting my CPL(H)

Having looked at Distance learning sites like Bristol & Oxford I am a little confused about how many and what subjects I will need to pass.

Is there a specific ATPL(H) or I have heard there was (not sure if its still valid) a CPL(H) set of exams.

Advice, thoughts and comments more than welcome, as long as I am not flamed.

Mike

paco
31st May 2007, 23:31
For the current CPL(H), you will need to pass 9 exams. This is being renamed later this year to the ATPL(H)(VFR), and the CPL(H) replacing it will be around the same lowish academic standard as the current CPL(A). Currently, the only essential difference between the CPL and ATPL are the amount of hours you have and the IR studies.

Dragon, Atlantic and A N Other that is getting approval this week or next week all do CPL(H) distance learning courses. Only the A N Other will do ATPL(H)

phil

helicopter-redeye
1st Jun 2007, 06:41
So Phil whats going to happen with existing licenses. Are these going to get renamed to match what you have taken examwise & flight test wise?

Can you post a link to the doc with all this detail in pliz?

h-r

Whirlygig
1st Jun 2007, 07:00
What happens to someone who has registered with a ground school, got all the books etc, has yet to sit a CPL exam but is planning on doing so in July. Which exam system would this be under and would one be better off waiting until its called an ATPL???

Only the A N Other will do ATPL(H)
Does that mean Bristol GS are going to stop doing ATPL(H) ground studies?

Cheers

Whirls

paco
2nd Jun 2007, 16:35
All that is going through Parliament about now, so don't hold your breath. My own view is that it will be later rather than sooner

The new VFR ATPL is for people flying big machines in mountains who won't be IFR

Phil

MCA
19th Feb 2008, 12:23
Has anyone got and up date as to the status of

The new VFR ATPL

Phill, maybe you have some info?

Thanks,

paco
19th Feb 2008, 16:49
Last I heard it was year or so away as it has to go through Parliament. There is a CGI meeting on the 27th at which we might hear more - keep you posted.

phil