PDA

View Full Version : LOAD SHEET is it a must ? Can U explain.

Trevelyan1975
30th May 2007, 07:45
Is LOAD SHEET a must before a commercial aircraft take-off. I know the regulations say YES. But is it really needed for PILOTS. If YES, how does it effect the aircraft performance. I understand the modern day aircrafts are all equiped with verious instruments and they might be very much accurate. Can anyone explain this.....

Trevelyan1975
30th May 2007, 11:03
Yes Sir,

Thanks for the reply... Many times I find that pilots in command are not at all bothered about load sheets. Does this mean that load controllers dont play a significant part. Is it just a 5% helpful information is passed to the pilot before a takoff or what...

Dan Winterland
30th May 2007, 13:05
Well, I don't know which airlines aren't interested in a load sheet. I would be keen to find out though, because I don't want to fly with them! Without a load sheet I don't see how it is possible to accurately program a Flight Management Computer and work out the necessary take off performance. Lot's of functions in the computer rely on accurate load figures, the safety of the flight is similarly dependant on correct programming.

expatula
30th May 2007, 14:12
In other words, a loadsheet is needed so that your aircraft will not end up in loads of ****. :ugh:

DeltaSix
30th May 2007, 23:07
Yep. loads of **** when the **** hits the fan...bwahahahahahaha..:}

errrmmm........sorry, just couldn't resist it. I'll go get my coat now.

D6

411A
31st May 2007, 04:58
Ah yes, the loadsheet.
It says....
Aircraft at max takeoff weight.
Stab trim...3.2 units, nose up.
All well and good, however although the trim sheet appears correct, a quick look-see by the operating Captain tells him otherwise.
As the First Officer is flying, the Captain suggests perhaps a stab trim of 4.5 units, nose up, might be more appropriate.
F/O thinks otherwise and sets 3.2 units.
Captain says (to himself)...he'll find out soon enough.
Rolling down the runway, rotation speed is reached, whereupon F/O is wrestling with the pole like it is a 600 pound gorilla.
Rotation finally accomplished, after much stab trimming.
F/O now firmly believes the Captain on such matters.
Case closed.

CDRW
31st May 2007, 12:12
Did EK not have an incident in Paris a few years ago, where the load sheet was "fiddled" to look correct. The CG was way out to the rear, and when take off thrust was applied the aircraft pitched up and struck the tail. The takeoff was aborted!!!

Trevelyan1975
1st Jun 2007, 11:07
Yes Sir,

I can remember this incident.

jumpdrive
3rd Jun 2007, 23:16
@ the very end, we as captains and our f/o´s will never get to see the real picure, once ,
after a landing i did with the pitch trim almost at its max for nose UP
i went to the back and ask the loaders to count all the pieces in the out of the cargo hold...............
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,surprise surprise,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
lets say i.e., the papper said 100 in the front & 100 in the back
very nice.............yeah in the papper
we had like 20 in the front and the rest in the back
what you need is a good hard/working
.........RAMP COORDINATOR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
or whatever they call it on each airline
cause the one doing the W&B is sitting @ his(her) office in nice aircon
not knowing what the loadres are really gonna do sometimes kilometers away

and other cases of bad trim depends on where the pax are seated
that also makes a lot of diff
you can feel it almost immediately on rotation

again these cases are very rare, but continue to happen , it will never stop
its part of the game

play ball

Trevelyan1975
10th Jun 2007, 06:27
Yes…. I returned home yesterday after completing a licensing course with QR in DOH. It was for the A300 freighter. Manage to get 100% aaaaaaaaa.

Yes… as they say… we Load controllers sit in an AC office and does take the word of ramp coordinators. Either the ramp guys should be given load control basic training or we load controllers should do the loading of the aircraft. Unless this happens…… you pilots on many instants will NOT receive a proper load sheet. I agree…..