PDA

View Full Version : VFR rules and landing at private sites in France

tango whiskey
26th May 2007, 18:54
Can someone please advise me. Are there any special permits or permissions required to land off airfields at private sites in France or Spain, assuming you have landowners permission? Any help greatly appreciated. :confused:

Twiddle
26th May 2007, 19:17
HCGB are a good place to start, certainly for frogland you need a license.

Kalif
26th May 2007, 19:27
France. You need a Helisurface which takes 8 weeks to get.
PM me and l'll send you a copy...:ok:

Baldegret
28th May 2007, 11:07
I wonder how many of us are planning to take a helicopter to France this summer? As the weather improves, it would be great to hear from pilots with experience of VFR over there about flying in France for those who are new to it. I'm planning to venture there for the first time next month. Some of the things that occur to me are:

How do ATC at airfields treat helicopters? Do they insist on you joining the circuit with fixed wing or do there tend to be separate procedures for rotary?

Is R/T generally in English or do you need to be able to converse in French at some/all fields?

What are people's views on channel crossings? Always the shortest possible route or is it reasonable to go for a longer crossing (e.g. Portsmouth-Cherbourg) provided you are equipped with lifejackets etc?

What other useful guides, publications, online resources exist?

Any and all contributions gratefully received!

Heliport
28th May 2007, 13:55
Lots of useful information >>> HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216659)

pmggmp
20th Jun 2011, 15:29
Private sites in France .
Thank you ,I would appreciate a copy of the form if possible . What does 'PM me' mean ?