PDA

View Full Version : Welcome for a Hero ?..No such luck, old man ...

sycamore
27th May 2007, 15:53
Guys/gals, if you haven`t/ or don`t go to the Mil Aircrew forum, may I ask that you do and read about how your Govt. treats a request by an ex- Gurkha soldier to come here from Nepal to see his medal in a museum and receive medical treatment.. by the way , his medal is the Victoria Cross ....
Any support you give will be appreciated .... You may , on the other hand only wish to let asylum -seekers, thieves, vagabonds,criminals and such other scum who must have `closer ties` to the UK........

zebedee
27th May 2007, 18:02
Sycamore
It astonishes me that every UK Government has turned it's back on the Gurkhas. This Soldier has the highest possible accolade - and he did't get it by saving coupons!
You should push this as hard and as far as you can to get this Soldier and his family their rightful recompense. We should all campaign for the Gurkhas - they are the bravest and most loyal fighters in the world - no exaggeration.
Zeb

IntheTin
27th May 2007, 19:11
Just been over there and signed the petition. Thanks Sycamore for bringing that to our attention. ;)

mustfly1
28th May 2007, 08:39
Petition signed.

The direct link to the petition is here:
www.vchero.co.uk

Why must it come to this

lartsa
28th May 2007, 08:47
try this link it may be easier

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gurkhas-rights/

unstable load
28th May 2007, 16:03
utterly disgraceful, but sadly not surprising!

tigerfish
28th May 2007, 17:12
I fully support this petition. Govt position is untenable. Sign it!:

Attila
28th May 2007, 20:01
Absolutely bloody disgusting!!

I have already signed and am spreading the word amongst my colleagues.

500e
30th May 2007, 19:07
I totaly agree with the petition any one who is willing to give life or limb for the country is ENTITLED to be a UK Pasport holder and travel with out hinderance of a goverment that I feel has lost all moral credability.
The Gurkhas have been a source of brave men in the British army for decades and to treat friends of the UK in such a way shows how low we as a country have sunk.
But was it not allway the same? the Indians in the first WW the Poles in the second and the chinese lascars in the navy all sent home as quick as possable when we had no further use for them

lartsa
4th Jun 2007, 12:49
http://express.lineone.net/news/view/8589/War+hero+Gurkha+wins+visa+U-turn

looks as if the pettition has worked thanks to everyone that signed it