PDA

View Full Version : Health & Safety in Travel Guide

Pinkman
26th May 2007, 08:55
Hi all

Amongst other more technical things to do with aviation I look after the health section a global oil and gas industry association. We've just re-published a travel guide which might be useful for those of you who travel regularly to dodgy places.

We've looked again at the guidance on DVT, the use of aspirin (no longer recommended), immunisations and Malaria. Feel free to download.

http://www.ipieca.org/activities/health/downloads/publications/TravelGuide_2007.pdf

Pax Vobiscum
27th May 2007, 15:53
Thanks Pinkman - that looks very useful :ok:

A question for you regarding "Coping strategies for stress":
● Don’t schedule back-to-back trips. Allow a rest time of at least 10 days between trips.
● Schedule trips and flying time carefully—allow a day to equilibrate after arrival and prior to working.
Sage advice - but do any companies actually allow this to happen? :{

Shack37
9th Sep 2007, 16:45
Hi Pinkman,
I'm off to the US next month for an offshore project lasting about a month, ie arrive, join ship, complete project, fly home.
Therefore I'll need to take with me prescription medication to cover this period. Is UK pharmacy packed prescription medication acceptable to US customs. All it has is a stick on label showing the pharmacy name and the patients name and address with date of issue.
I've heard they like to see the actual prescription but obviously this has to be surrendered to the chemist when collecting the medication.
I know this has been covered in another thread but I've been unable to find it.
s37

strake
10th Sep 2007, 20:33
Pinkman

Some excellent advice in there...thanks.
With reference to whether companies allow people to travel according to such standards, I think the answer, for most FTSE 250's is Yes. Unfortunately, we tend to ignore the advice and the standard is not policed.