PDA

View Full Version : JPA: No Capability to get Mileage Summaries for Self Assessments

Been There...
25th May 2007, 09:16
Having just received my P60 I thought I would contact PSF to get my list of travel claims made which I could claim the additional motor mileage allowance back from the tax man.

The old system worked a treat, go into PSF, ask for your 1771 mileage claims and you would get a total, stick that total in your tax claim and job is a good 'un.

Roll onto JPA and I have just been informed that you cannot get a summary of your claims, infact you can't go back and get soft copies of all your travel claims, you should have printed them out and kept them.

Surely the IR need to know how many miles the MOD is paying at full rate and those which are at the reduced rate. Any idea how I can get this information?

Regards

Wader2
25th May 2007, 09:45
FFS, for CS, HRMS does this albeit only one claim at a time, not summary.

Suggest you need a change request.

RobinXe
25th May 2007, 11:24
I have the same problem mate, but surely they must be stored in a database somewhere, in order for the MoD to do it's books.

I was planning to give JPAC a ring when I can be bothered, was it them that told you you couldn't have a summary?

Been There...
25th May 2007, 12:56
Having spoken to JPAC, they have to manually go through each claim looking for MMA. Once a claim with MMA has been found, you only get the amount paid and not what the mileage is! You then have to divide that by 0.27 and to see what the miles are!!

Service request for total monies claimed under MMA PCR has just been lodged!

What a pain in the ar*e!!

Wader2
25th May 2007, 13:10
Been There et al,

There is another wrinkle.

Revenue and Customs will credit you with the business miles travelled. The system pays you for a different journey.

Say, for instance, the journey you made was 240 miles but you were only paid for a journey of 220 miles then you tax claim would be something like this:

Paid £59.40 at 27p/m - tax relief at 22%/40% (depending) on 40-27=13 or £28.60

and

20 miles x 40p/m = £8

So paid £59.40, relief claimed on £36.60.

As long as you write this on your mileage sheets, and file them. No need to send the detail to HMRC.